.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old February 2nd, 2011, 01:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

Groundworm is on a distinguished road
Default Re: First Blood - Newbie game - Running

I've no issue with abandoning the game, since C'tis was a sinking ship anyway.
Old February 2nd, 2011, 04:29 PM

Major General

Valerius is on a distinguished road

It's unfortunate to have to end this way but unless one of the possible solutions llamabeast mentions to remove Haunted Forest succeeds there doesn't seem to be any choice. Of course even if those solutions succeed they won't necessarily be fair. But before we call the game I'd like to hear from Nightfall and mockingbird as well.
Old February 2nd, 2011, 04:49 PM

Sergeant

mockingbird is on a distinguished road

I have no problem with ending the game myself; at this point I was just fighting as hard as I could on principle, but I had already lost the war.

Congratulations to Nightfall on an excellent war and well deserved victory; I made many, many mistakes (one of which was not rushing Abysia right off the bat ) and Nightfall played very well.
Old February 2nd, 2011, 05:06 PM

Sergeant

Nightfall is on a distinguished road

Have had a ball with this game, so first of all thanks to everyone...

It is a bit of pity as it was looking like an interesting battle for the end, however the game seems to be tipping towards the point where micro is becoming more of a chore, espescially I think for Sephorin.

As Groundworm and mockingbird have already confirmed they are both more or less just being cleaned up at this point.

Considering all that along with the server problems, I am happy to call the game now as a three way tie, which I think is a better conclusion than just abandoning it.
Old February 2nd, 2011, 05:13 PM

Sergeant

By the way mockingbird,

I had spammed about 10 horror seeds on your capital 10-15 turns ago, was wondering whether you had noticed any effects?
Old February 2nd, 2011, 05:33 PM

Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mockingbird View Post
Congratulations to Nightfall on an excellent war and well deserved victory; I made many, many mistakes (one of which was not rushing Abysia right off the bat ) and Nightfall played very well.
You came very, very close to beating me twice, and more than held your own defensively. The turning point for me I think was scouting and then securing the blood rock, as that site was huge for me.

More than anything else in this game you have managed to instill in me an absolute hatred of mind hunts...

So much so that I do not think I will ever be able to bring myself to play a nation without astral access.
Old February 2nd, 2011, 08:34 PM

Sergeant

mockingbird is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
By the way mockingbird,

I had spammed about 10 horror seeds on your capital 10-15 turns ago, was wondering whether you had noticed any effects?
No, not a thing. Are they dependent on MR? Because that might explain it.
Old February 3rd, 2011, 03:15 AM

Corporal

rotarr is on a distinguished road

I'm content with calling it quits as well, although the micro in this game is still manageable for me so I can continue if the others want to. Had a blast playing it as my first Dom3 MP game ever. I also made many mistakes on the tactical part, but luckily for me Sephorin agreed on the mutually beneficial agreement between Pangaea and Mictlan
Old February 4th, 2011, 05:40 AM

Major General

Valerius is on a distinguished road

Based on the feedback I'm going to end the game. It's unfortunate we couldn't have it decided on the field of battle but hopefully the files llama sent Illwinter will help in fixing whatever bug caused the problem. It was just bad luck but this type of situation isn't at all common (this is the first game I've been involved with that had a game ending bug).

I also like Nightfall's idea of declaring it a three way tie. Btw Nightfall, as someone who usually plays non-astral glamour nations I share your hatred of mind hunts. When I get unlucky and don't find any indie S mages I know it's going to be painful.

So it looks like it would have ended up with three nations contending for the win, meaning one would have likely been the odd man out and after they were eliminated the final two would fight it out for the win. Rotarr, you were the leader in provinces I think for most of the game so you would have been a logical target. OTOH, it looks like you had a good relationship with Sephorin's Pan so perhaps Nightfall's Abysia would have been targeted. Sephorin seems to have had the best diplomatic options, being able to choose which side to ally with.

Thanks everyone for playing. You're a good group and I'm glad it seemed to have been a fun experience.
Old February 4th, 2011, 03:54 PM

Corporal

rotarr is on a distinguished road
Default Re: First Blood - Newbie game - Finished - Rotarr/Nightfall/Sephorin win!

Although I did have the most provinces, about a third were useless water provinces. IMO Sephorin would be the strongest player left at this point because of his globals and lack of strong opposition all game (not to mention his 115609 Maeneads). I also have ample access to astral magic so maybe I could've convinced Nightfall to attack Sephorin instead of me Still I'm grateful for Sephorin's assistance in the beginning of the game when I was battling it out with both Vanheim and Eriu, I wouldn't have survived that otherwise!

Valerius, thank you again for starting and managing my first Dom3 multiplayer game. Although I'm getting a bit burned out on Dominions right now, I really enjoyed it quite a lot.