.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old December 17th, 2011, 10:56 AM

Sergeant

Nosantee is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Happy New Year, New Game, New Players (noob EA game: Recruiting)

If we're choosing nations at the moment I'll take Tir na n'Og
Old December 17th, 2011, 11:31 AM

Private

Baldr is on a distinguished road

I'll take Helheim.
Old December 17th, 2011, 12:08 PM

Private

tigercub is on a distinguished road

ill take niefelheim
Old December 17th, 2011, 12:57 PM

Corporal

dojango is on a distinguished road

I'm in; I'll play EA Mictlan.

As for a map, I'd suggest shadowshore; it's got a nice RP-ish flavor to it.
Old December 17th, 2011, 01:44 PM

Captain

Immaculate is on a distinguished road

i didn't realize we were picking nations yet. My impression from the first post was that we would wait to see how many players we had and on what map we would play.

Anyway, 1st pick is helheim. 2nd is sauromatia. And 3rd is yomi. In order of preference.
Old December 18th, 2011, 03:05 AM

Corporal

TigerBlood is an unknown quantity at this point

If you would like another player, I am interested.

My nation picks would be

1. Pangaea
2. Lanka
3. Fomoria

Chaotic. Maybe Chaotic Evil depending on the nation.
Old December 18th, 2011, 04:04 AM

Sergeant

Excist is on a distinguished road

Just got back from a holiday party late and almost 3 here, so I won't be making a final choice on the map until the morning. Here's some answers to some questions in the meantime:

HoleyDooley: As far as I'm concerned if you exceed the maximum number of characters in the forum post then that's probably a little overboard for this, but let's say that it should include as a minimum:

How they spent their life prior to ascending (or being chosen) to become a Pretender.
What their motives are for becoming a Pretender (or the motives of their followers, if they are thrust into this)
An indication of where they fall on the Good/Evil Axis
An indication of where they fall on the Lawful/Chaotic Axis

Short essay format is preferred and if it is hard to discern any of that information then, don't worry, we can single you out publicly

I was planning on having mine completed quickly this weekend to have up as an example, but this weekend is turning out to be considerably more busy than I had anticipated and I have not chosen a Pretender for this game yet.
Old December 18th, 2011, 05:20 AM

Corporal

Natural Selection

Survival of the fittest. This philosphy pervades all aspects of Pangaean society; in the home, in trade, in revelry and especially in warfare. To the Pangaean, existance is not a fundamental right. Existance is an incessant struggle; only those with advantageous traits and the ruthless determination to use those traits to their fullest are deserving of survival. All others exist only to service the strong until they are discarded or predated into extinction.

Every citizen of Pangaea lives each day as though it may be their last, for it may well be. Prior achievements and social obligations mean nothing. Any open display of weakness is an invitation for exploitation by your peers. Today's champion can easily be tommorow's sacrifice, and Pangaea's need for sacrifice is great. All blood spilled in the name of Natural Selection strengthens Pangaea. Each new generation is more ruthless, cunning and physically capable. Once all trace of weakness has been stripped away from the world, the Pangaeans will be as gods.

I hope this OK. Not set on the name of my Pretender yet. Natural Selection will probably be fine though.
Old December 18th, 2011, 07:12 PM

Sergeant

Excist is on a distinguished road

TigerBlood: Your nation concept is good, although slightly more focused on fleshing out the nation than the Pretender as I had originally envisioned. I am getting a strong Chaotic Neutral or possibly even Chaotic Evil impression from the description which is kind of what we are aiming for rather than specifically stating Chaotic Neutral/Chaotic Evil (since sometimes the descriptions can describe how those chaotic decisions are going to be made) To use your nation description as an example: as a player I will get the impression that the strong and independent will find a stalwart and fairly reliable ally in your nation and the weak that cannot stand on their own may find their support evaporate at the time its needed most as your nation helps cull the weak to benefit the strong.

Perhaps the only edit I would recommend is to add a little bit more into your description on how your God came to be worshiped by this cult. Is it his impressive strength that has drawn their worship or is this an entity that manifested itself as the very embodiment of the ideals that this nation had so fervently believed in. Or perhaps this is some mortal philosopher that has taught this concept to the once peaceful Pangaean citizens and has shed his birth name in favor of the very ideal that he has coined when they chose to worship him.
Old December 18th, 2011, 08:08 PM

Corporal

Fair enough. I can't figure out how to edit my previous post, so I'll just tack this on.

Natural Selection

Survival of the fittest. This philosophy pervades all aspects of Pangaean society; in the home, in trade, in revelry and especially in warfare. To the Pangaean, existance is not a fundamental right. Existance is an incessant struggle; only those with advantageous traits and the ruthless determination to use those traits to their fullest are deserving of survival. All others exist only to service the strong until they are discarded or predated into extinction.

Every citizen of Pangaea lives each day as though it may be their last, for it may well be. Prior achievements and social obligations mean nothing. Any open display of weakness is an invitation for exploitation by your peers. Today's champion can easily be tommorow's sacrifice, and Pangaea's need for sacrifice is great. All blood spilled in the name of Natural Selection strengthens Pangaea. Each new generation is more ruthless, cunning and physically capable than the last. Once all trace of weakness has been stripped away from the world, the Pangaeans will be as gods.

Natural Selection is the embodiment of an ideal. Perhaps it is just an exceptionally cunning Pangaean, manipulating the nation in order to bring about it's own personal evolution into the position of Pantokrator, caring nothing about the ultimate fate of the Pangaean people. It may also be a primal concept that has been made manifest via the collective will of a nation and thousands upon thousands of blood sacrifices. None can say for sure. The only certainty is that Natural Selection acts with a singular drive and purpose, sometimes calculating, often uncomromising, always without remorse.