.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old February 9th, 2012, 10:43 PM

First Lieutenant

Anaconda is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cursed be Iron - THE GAME IS ON!

Now that I actually paid attention what you said, these four things need commenting:

Quote:
Ill faith one: you stale, it's my bad.
Every1 can read I am not saying my stall is your bad. You might wanna read from my lips what I am saying: Its not a big deal in fast paced game, and you still take it personally. However, force hosting in a game for your own amusement IS your bad, and it is related to the matter in hand because it HAS HIGH correlation with your obsessive idea that shorter interval is a necessity for a well running game (and active players shouldnt stall, which aint, again, really your problem).

Quote:
o it's not a lack of reading comprehension, you are just disappearing and coming back depending on your mood and you know it.
No, I dont know it. How come you, then, can be so sure for it? You know my situation? You confuse two things here. Having time and being able. I am not a mood swinger, and actually never thought you could be - but now that you brought it up... well let us say it came to my mind...

Quote:
This is kinda selfish
Theres not a lot one can do. Bad situation for a sub, bad situation to turn AI - which over all is a horrib decision - stalling every now and then; those were the options. Stalling every now and then, no harm done - except on your ideal of high speed turns.

But I didnt call you selfish, word "shortsighted" came to my mind. I didnt, because I dont think your mean nor stupid, just young. time will fix that. In time. However, you can ask what the player in the linked game was thinking about your force hosting when he was singled out. If I recall right, it was something like "IF THIS IS HOW YOU RUN YOUR GAMES I AM DONE" ...because, you know, he had only few lands left and all! As an admin, it was your duty to force it. Right?

Its all still there, you should go and look it up your self too, if you had forgot about it. And I also recall you strongly disagreeing with me and Samhain at the time, when we pointed out that its improper action.

This is the reason why I wasnt happy in the first place you took admin over. It was good work, though, got the game moving again.

Quote:
I didn't take it personally, you can imagine i really don't care what you can think about me.
Thats is so radiant clear that hurts my eyes. But, how you seem to take this all so personally then, like this "dont give me lessons" and all that shaische?

Anaconda blogi: voimasta _ ja _ kunniasta
Old February 11th, 2012, 10:40 AM

Corporal

Hylobius is on a distinguished road

Turnaround time for this game does not matter to me as I am down to one province and just trying to punish those who have dog-piled.

I don't want to prolong the argument here, but I will make one comment. I like a fast paced game, but I do believe that Bullock needs to calm down a little in the way that he admins games. I subbed in one of his other games and played for about 30 turns. I was being slowly eaten by one of the leaders and Bullock and I were having a fairly even war. Over the 30 or so turns I staled 3 times. Then, without a PM, I received notification from the Llamaserver that I was no longer running the position. There was no attempt to contact me prior to taking the position away. I checked the forum and there was a comment from a player that I had staled, nothing else.

Anyway, lets get back to Dominions.
Old February 11th, 2012, 01:08 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Bullock is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylobius View Post
Turnaround time for this game does not matter to me as I am down to one province and just trying to punish those who have dog-piled.

I don't want to prolong the argument here, but I will make one comment. I like a fast paced game, but I do believe that Bullock needs to calm down a little in the way that he admins games. I subbed in one of his other games and played for about 30 turns. I was being slowly eaten by one of the leaders and Bullock and I were having a fairly even war. Over the 30 or so turns I staled 3 times. Then, without a PM, I received notification from the Llamaserver that I was no longer running the position. There was no attempt to contact me prior to taking the position away. I checked the forum and there was a comment from a player that I had staled, nothing else.

Anyway, lets get back to Dominions.
As you said you were eaten by major powers while being a small nation, you were a sub and stalling for a week. These are 3 good reasons for many people to give up.
After a week without any news from you and in this situation i definitely think it's a good moment to start looking for a sub.

Now concerning the missing PM. If you didn't have the time nor the possibility to connec to the shrapnel's forum to keep us posted on you current situation i don't see why you would have more time to connec to the shrapnel's forum and read your PM.
And a PM for what? To ask you what is going on ? By disappearing for a week you can expect that the admin is waiting news from you.

So there is no need to ask me to calm down, i m admining my games peacefully as I am now. And with this current state of mind, i would take the same decision has i have taken in the example above considering the situation.

Btw thanks for feeding the subject it has been very useful.
Old February 11th, 2012, 01:36 PM

Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullock View Post
After a week without any news from you and in this situation i definitely think it's a good moment to start looking for a sub.
It wasn't a week, but I agree that when a player has staled twice it is a good time to send him a PM and ask if there is a problem, and then start looking for a sub. You didn't attempt to contact me and you didn't start looking for a sub, you simply took the position away from me. From the forum posts this appears to have been done unilaterally without input from anyone else in the game.

Quote:
If you didn't have the time nor the possibility to connec to the shrapnel's forum to keep us posted on you current situation i don't see why you would have more time to connec to the shrapnel's forum and read your PM.
The point is that I don't have to connect to Shrapnel's forum to see that I have a PM, it shows up in my email. I check my email several times a day, while I check the forum once or twice a week, so PMs are a much more efficient form of communication.
Old February 11th, 2012, 02:51 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
From the forum posts this appears to have been done unilaterally without input from anyone else in the game.
Has i said the decision sounds obvious to me: You remain away and silent for a week or almost, considering your situation i'm starting to look for a sub. No need to mention that looking for a sub take days which is extra time time to tell us if you are still alive or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylobius
The point is that I don't have to connect to Shrapnel's forum to see that I have a PM, it shows up in my email. I check my email several times a day, while I check the forum once or twice a week, so PMs are a much more efficient form of communication.
1) why i'm supposed to know that you receive a mail when you get a PM ? There is the same option for new posts in the forum.

2) Before thinking on "was it useful or not for the admin to contact you?" shouldn't we start thinking by "who is supposed to contact who ?" ?

Why haven't you taken 2min to post something here or send a PM (whatever) to ask for a postpone ?

If you do agree with me that the first person who should contact the other one is the staler then do you have a good reason?

If so or if you don't agree with the previous statement (you should PM first) then next question:

What the purpose for the admin to send a PM in such situation?

You are too busy IRL to take 2min to post here ?
i don't see why you would have 2 min to reply to my PM then.

You have lost internet access ?
I don't see how my PM would help. (or the mail resulting of it)

You just forgot about the game and it's the duty of the admin to remind you to play ? (which i doubt)
With a 48h/turn with 12h reminder you receive a mail everyday from the llama server.

I'm certainly missing a fourth case, which is certainly yours.
In that case i'm waiting to hear from you and preparing, in advance, apologies.

Otherwise there is no need to answer.
Lets close this.
Old February 11th, 2012, 03:30 PM

Corporal

Short recap: You and I are at war, it is an even fight, I miss two turns and you set me AI, I think this is inappropriate and you think this is being a good admin.

I'm done.
Old February 11th, 2012, 03:47 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Short recap: You and I are at war, it is an even fight, I miss two turns and you set me AI, I think this is inappropriate and you think this is being a good admin.

I'm done.
You are insinuating that i wanted to find a sub (no turning you AI...) because we were at war ???? are you kidding? i'm dead anyway !! It hasn't even cross my mind a sec...
i had 10 lands left and the 2 majors power who are allied on my back...

I'm amazed by this new argument... while you can't even defend the previous ones.

So has i did for Anaconda, i will let you have the last word because it's totally useless to talk with people like you.
Old February 11th, 2012, 07:59 PM

First Lieutenant

double...

Last edited by Anaconda; February 11th, 2012 at 08:16 PM..
Old February 11th, 2012, 08:15 PM

First Lieutenant

Quote:
Why haven't you taken 2min to post something here or send a PM (whatever) to ask for a postpone ?
Maybe the same reason I DID stale on your game, NOT BEING ABLE TO??? With the time sending an email one could easily do the the necessary moves to submit a turn. For example, you dont necessaraliy have DOM3 on comp you surf the net... You might not even have the net at all, depending what you do.

The problem is we are not necessarily ABLE to do that... for example mortgage dafaults, sick children, family emergencies, you name it!

We, me and Hylobius have nothing in common, even while we played the same game I didnt pay any attention on him, except we both ADMIT our defaults and we both have same experience of Bullocks adminship... how come?

I could post more than one link about him looking for subs or hopping on people stalling when they cant play for a circumstansial reason or another... the difference is that while we, Hylobius and I, realize we did fail our part he doesnt find any fault on his behaviour. just typical immature behaviour.

Bullock, not every one here is a priviledged high class high schooler, some of us are just typical fimaly guys with people and oblications to take care off, we couldnt care less of your excitement of getting several turns to play a week.

Old February 11th, 2012, 08:22 PM

First Lieutenant

Quote:

Btw thanks for feeding the subject it has been very useful.
Just one big centense, showing small you. Wouldnt wonder if your parents hate you.