.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old July 7th, 2012, 09:17 AM

Corporal

jotwebe is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Dreamlands in MP Blood Sacrifices

Nice to read more about the abominable squidmen. Nice approach with the minimal diplo, wish I had thought of that for the SharedAAR.

A vastness on turn 15 is actually pretty good I think, they don't grow on trees you know.

May the stars herald DOOM for your enemies!
The Following User Says Thank You to jotwebe For This Useful Post:
Old July 17th, 2012, 01:29 PM

Corporal

Russian_Comrade is on a distinguished road

Nice AAR.

Maybe I'm going to learn what was the terrible plot behind that suicidal raid of Victarion Greyjoy. Celestial hounds are really similar to the direwolves in their lack of tolerance to spies and other sneaky characters.
The Following User Says Thank You to Russian_Comrade For This Useful Post:
Old August 15th, 2012, 04:05 PM

Corporal

Vishniac is on a distinguished road

So we'll never know the following of this story?
Old August 16th, 2012, 06:07 AM

First Lieutenant

Anaconda is on a distinguished road

We do, I only suffered of slow connection for several weeks. I think we can kick this off again next week.

Anaconda blogi: voimasta _ ja _ kunniasta
Old August 25th, 2012, 09:13 AM

First Lieutenant

A View from the Gallery: Turn 17

The turn really offered surprises!

In one turn, C'tis seized 3 provinces from Caelum now stretching South as far as to Caelum's capital. Amazing job. Of course it was result of surprise attack, but nonetheless now that Caelum is fighting war in East and in... well around his own capital, their future looks dim. Made me think I should seize the day and give C'tis little reminder what R'lyeh is trule made of. Therefore...

Henry Wentworth Akeley is making landing to the same province where we expect C'tis field army next turn, South of Sea of Woe (East in the map). Another landing goes north from Henry Akeley's main forces, hoping Man dont show up from North. If they do, our forces cant really fight for long. We know we should launch assault against C'tis' mainlands this turn but we want to see how the war between Caelum and C'tis goes – and what happens around Sea of Woe. Caelum does not appear completelly defenceles, they seem to have all the parrots they need.

On other encounters; It seems candles in Glimmerin Fields just dont go out. It seems the prophet rooted a strong cult there, good job! Speaking of witch, the prophet Robert Olmstead discovered Abysia in South and our mad cultist priest revealed a very usefull Ancient Temple of the Deeps -site (being a mad as he is, he was simply roaming around without a purpose, so this is truly a sign from Cthulhu him self). We finally launch a campaign against the sea South of us. Also, we start building a temple in Sea of Woe – and the mad arab gets finally the main project going: casting GoR on Vastness!
Old August 25th, 2012, 09:44 AM

First Lieutenant

Excercise of Vital Powers: Turn 18

Henry Wentworth Akeley is dead.

He was trying to stop our ranks from fleeing, and payed the ultimate price, being slain as a one of the last still holding against the hordes of C'tis.

But Cthulhu does not care.

We are all expendable.

So, these

lost against these

(Mind blast bombardment underway.)

but not much! With a little bit luck with RNG the day would have been Henry Wentworth Akeley's!

Instead, however, C'tis prophet – a hideous lizard creature with form as repulsive as his name Gurshar - came out on top.

(Gurshar, the prophet of C'tis is truly as magnificent as a champion as he is hideous as a being.)

So we lost one of the tree battles. Not bad, some1 might think but it was the most important of them. Now, C'tis has an army able to challenge our regional hegemony, we lost the opportunity to seize an important province around our bridgehead sea province and they killed our most prominent wizard in the region.

Plus, the whole squad of Illithids vanished. There is an upside to this, however. Our upkeep cost shrinked, too.

Therefore we face a challenge; where to reach from here?

Our options are indeed innumerable – like the young of Shub-Niggurath him self - because now we have our first GoR Vastness!!!11 The deity could teleport anywhere on the map and most likely would separate flesh from the bones of all living around him.

After a while we reached a verdict.

We choose to pursue indirect approach and march forward with Dagon's leftovers (he actually didnt do that bad – Sailor's death really drowned the Utgård leftovers, and Man did not make it in there in time either). We place our hopes on possible follish confidence the victory over us might have caused in C'tis' mind. He might recklessly push forward, thinking we are either demotivated or physically uncapable to march again right away.

So, Dagon breaks his camp and heads East, hoping to clash with the prophet Gurshar.

The trick is, Vastness is gonna teleport there first – when Vastness secures the province (spells are casted before movements), according to the movement order friendly movement happens first and our army would be there ambushing those vile lizard-looking humanoids.

As a backup, a Starspawn mage casts Vengeance of the Dead on the province where the prophet camps. After all, the bloodthirsty one has made it to the Hall of Fame, so that has to count for something?

Caelum took back 2/3 of lost provinces. On the other hand, Northmen drove Caelum away from their lands in West, too.

All you little wars, please root deep and multiply for you play the Cthulhu's own game!

Also, worth mentioning that Cthulhu lost another major champion this turn; Zagauba the Illithid Lord, a commander who had served the cause since the very beginning of R'lyeh's ascension. He was part of the expedition attacking South, and while the cultists emerged victorious, the infidels were able to kill mighty commander before their minds shattered.

Old August 25th, 2012, 10:53 AM

Corporal

Vishniac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaconda View Post
In one turn, C'tis seized 3 provinces from Caelum now stretching South as far as to Caelum's capital. Amazing job. Of course it was result of surprise attack, but nonetheless now that Caelum is fighting war in East and in... well around his own capital, their future looks dim. Made me think I should seize the day and give C'tis little reminder what R'lyeh is trule made of. Therefore...

Henry Wentworth Akeley is making landing to the same province where we expect C'tis field army next turn, South of Sea of Woe (East in the map). Another landing goes north from Henry Akeley's main forces, hoping Man dont show up from North. If they do, our forces cant really fight for long. We know we should launch assault against C'tis' mainlands this turn but we want to see how the war between Caelum and C'tis goes – and what happens around Sea of Woe. Caelum does not appear completelly defenceles, they seem to have all the parrots they need.
Funny how 2 people can have an opposite view of the same situation!

I launched the surprise attacks against Caelum, and the land invasion who fell very short, only because I gambled that R'lyeh would see this and would take opportunity to grab some Caelian provinces, take opportunity that the raptors had enough on their plate already. We would have shared his lands.

Instead you saw an opportunity to attack not the one unbalanced and injured but the one who felt secure enough to launch a war even with illithids cruising along his shores.
Old August 25th, 2012, 11:05 AM

Captain

Immaculate is on a distinguished road

I was able to watch that battle between the C'tissian forces and the forces of R'leyh and it was ultimately decided by the summoned mind-blasting r'leyhian forces. You see they explode and hurt all those around them when they are killed and Anaconda had them within his main battle ranks. When the first died they all proceeded to die and so too did all the rest of the allied troops around him. R'leyh might have won that battle if the summoned mind-blasters (forget the names) had been isolated from the rest of his forces.
The Following User Says Thank You to Immaculate For This Useful Post:
Old August 25th, 2012, 02:02 PM

First Lieutenant

The game was a learning experience for me. Unfortunately however, my learning curve is almost solid flat, so I doubt I learned that much...

BTW, howcome you remember that so well, the battle was fought some 8 months ago?
Old August 25th, 2012, 03:34 PM

Captain

Immaculate is on a distinguished road

Not sure... ?