The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old March 6th, 2015, 07:50 AM

Corporal

Tomas is on a distinguished road
Default Smoke bug

I've noticed this bug in our current PBEM game - we are playing scenario #204 and i play as South Korea. Sometimes, the smoke on the map simply disappears during my turn. No matter how hard I press U-key, I'm unable to see smoke on the map. Then, if some other unit creates smoke (by retreat or from explosion), the smoke shows up again.

Never experienced this and I think that it's somehow linked to this particular scenario (the scenario has large quantity of units, might be close to 1000 for both sides).
Old March 6th, 2015, 12:11 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,511 Times in 2,720 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Smoke bug

As this is the one and only time this has been mentioned I would think this could be a minor corruption of the DAT file or some kind of memory overload. Does your opponent see the same thing ?
Old March 7th, 2015, 11:38 AM

Private

Paulus_PAK is on a distinguished road

I've started to notice something like Tomas described, in my solo games in winSPWW2. Smoke is disappearing from the map altogether for example when enemy unit is losing men due to my fire - but it is not always happening. I can't replicate it or link with some any action. Reloading the game corrects this thing.
Old March 7th, 2015, 12:15 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,511 Times in 2,720 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

In the first example there was a high unit count, does your example have a high unit count or had your game been on for a long period of time ? Things like this only require one tiny bit of information not being read and it could also be related to your OS and computer or it could be these are the easy signs that we've pushed the game engine as far as it can go. That said, neither Andy nor I have seen this while testing this year...........BUT, there have always been cases where programs just don't run right and need rebooting to set straight. About 1 time in 30 when I boot my computer up and load the game I gets slightly distorted text and the only fix for that is reboot but that's not a game issue, that's my display driver but still..... not every program runs perfectly 100% of the time and this does seem to be a rare issue so I wouldn't call it a "bug".... bugs are repeatable

Don
Old March 7th, 2015, 12:45 PM

Private

Paulus_PAK is on a distinguished road

In my case it is a high unit count scenario - this time scenario 012 Operation Jupiter 1. I've noticed this smoke problem eariler in at least one big SPWAW scenario (#177 Armor at Alsfeld or #243 The Sacred Duty) but I couldn't replicate it so I didn't bother.
The Following User Says Thank You to Paulus_PAK For This Useful Post: