BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old April 8th, 2022, 11:21 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: APC Development and related topics.

Concur-all.

Been playing Ukraine for a lot of years now since even before OPLOT-M submission but, nothing like a "hot war" to get people's attention.

MASTIFF PPV now there's a beast, also I like those BUSHMASTERs.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old April 22nd, 2022, 03:02 AM

Lieutenant General

This confirms a "back room" discussion on which M113 the Ukraine is getting from the U.S.

Even though unlikely it was considered a possibility we could be sending them the M113A2.

The matter was looked into further and it became much clearer that it would be the M113A3. The ref now validates that choice.
https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe...o_ukraine.html

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old April 22nd, 2022, 04:38 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: APC Development and related topics.

I gave Ukraine M113A3 Slat ( US OOB 605 but with a new photo without the palm trees in the background)........ it probably is more likey its not going to have slat but Ukraine is already putting slat on some of it's BMP's and when dealing with sketchy incomplete info this is what happens. If it turns out not to have slat then those that feel that should be changed can learn to use MOBHack and sketchy incomplete info is why I gave them M198 155's

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old April 22nd, 2022, 07:21 AM

First Lieutenant

zovs66 is on a distinguished road

I have not checked yet, but I watched a video where the Russian build BMD-4 (2015-2016) have a licensed French laser ranger finger and thermal imaging on them.

https://youtu.be/7FPgEIrMG7M
Old April 22nd, 2022, 09:21 AM

BANNED USER

Karagin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
I gave Ukraine M113A3 Slat ( US OOB 605 but with a new photo without the palm trees in the background)........ it probably is more likey its not going to have slat but Ukraine is already putting slat on some of it's BMP's and when dealing with sketchy incomplete info this is what happens. If it turns out not to have slat then those that feel that should be changed can learn to use MOBHack and sketchy incomplete info is why I gave them M198 155's
Hey sketchy incomplete info is how the military rolls, by the time we get the full picture with all the details it's already out of date info. It's the nature of the game so to speak with military technology and who has what gaem.
Old April 22nd, 2022, 04:03 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

..and sketchy incomplete info right now is saying Canada is going to send M777...... which is not beyond the realm of possibilities with the chuckleheads we have running the show right now.

https://nationalpost.com/pmn/news-pm...d-of-sanctions

The "problem" is we only have about 30

and

Quote:
If Canada were to send M777s, he added, they would need to be replaced for the army. Leslie nonetheless said Ukraine clearly needs heavy weapons such as artillery, “and right now Ukraine has a higher need than we do.”
so much for "foresight".... just more "virtue signalling" from the clown prince.

EDIT

Either way for game purposes the m198 and the m777 are the same. In RL operationally they are different, the M777 is a more portable weapon but as OM arty in the game they are the same

The CBC is reporting four (4) are being sent which is I suppose 4 more than they had before and it's better than nothing but I don't think it's going to tip the balance

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; April 23rd, 2022 at 08:13 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old April 22nd, 2022, 05:29 PM

First Lieutenant

blazejos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by zovs66 View Post
I have not checked yet, but I watched a video where the Russian build BMD-4 (2015-2016) have a licensed French laser ranger finger and thermal imaging on them.

https://youtu.be/7FPgEIrMG7M

Other question is how much of this advanced western technology was sold to Russia silently and what is an real level of RF and optoelectronics on Russian side thanks to corrupted Politicians and corporations. In that sad case come to my mind some citation from W.I. Lenin from 1917
Quote:
Western capitalists are so corrupted that they sell us a rope on which we hang them
The Following User Says Thank You to blazejos For This Useful Post:
Old April 23rd, 2022, 03:25 AM

Lieutenant General

On the electronics side this is very respectfully "OLD NEWS", Russia has been using advanced FCS, Circuit Cards, Computer Chips etc. etc. from foreign defense contractors for a lot longer than most people suspect.

A major example of this is THALES the maker of the very well-respected CATHERINE FCS which is used on their more advanced T-72 (White Eagle)/T-90 just for Russia. You'll also see it on Pakistan's T-84 for example and others.

From my files when I submitted both the foreign and later Russian White Eagle and note the date of the Ref as Aug. 29, 2007.
https://www.defenseindustrydaily.com...0-tanks-03696/

This is already having serious consequences for Russia, both the EU and United States have made it illegal to sale new or existing advanced systems and spares to them due to the war.

You would be surprised how dependent the Russians are to this tech within the Russian Defense Complex. It is as noted above already doing so "on the ground" and it will only potentially get worse from here.
https://nationalinterest.org/blog/bu...chnology-70916

I am in no way saying Russia isn't capable of designing or building advanced military or other equipment. They can and have.

It's just their reliance on Western advanced components will carry a cost.

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; April 23rd, 2022 at 03:35 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old May 2nd, 2022, 10:14 PM

Lieutenant General

Now CONFIRMED as submitted and being sent from Ft. Stewart, Ga. about 1.5hrs up the road from me. I suspect they'll be shipped out of Blount Island by a "fast carrier" roll on/roll off. They'll be somewhere in Europe in a matter of days.
https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe...o_ukraine.html

Someone might appreciate the confirmation.

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; May 3rd, 2022 at 01:52 PM..
Old June 18th, 2022, 03:55 PM

BANNED USER

Karagin is on a distinguished road

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Giuoyta9heQ

Retro is back...sorta
The Following User Says Thank You to Karagin For This Useful Post: