BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old March 27th, 2023, 02:33 PM

First Lieutenant

blazejos is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MBT's

Just found that also Ukraine is a country which developed his own retrofited T-55 for export market in third world. T-55AGM is possible that they will also like Russia in some time will produce them for themselfs. Even if now they are only prototypes

https://en.topwar.ru/1281-varianty-m...anka-t-55.html
The Following User Says Thank You to blazejos For This Useful Post:
Old March 27th, 2023, 06:02 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

German Leopard 2 tanks have reached Ukraine

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...ce-2023-03-27/

Quote:
BERLIN, March 27 (Reuters) - The 18 Leopard 2 battle tanks pledged by Germany to support Ukraine in its war against Russia have arrived in Ukraine, the German Defence Ministry said on Monday.

Besides the 18 tanks, 40 German Marder infantry fighting vehicles, and two armoured recovery vehicles had also reached Ukraine, a security source said.

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old March 27th, 2023, 07:27 PM

First Lieutenant

T-34 may be sent to front units

Quote:
That being said, the prospect of T-34-85 going to the Ukrainian frontlines nowadays straight after T-54 or even T-10 is a real possibility, even if they will play just an "ideological" role for raising morals of the russian soldiers in the vanguard.
https://en.defence-ua.com/weapon_and...sion-6205.html
Old March 27th, 2023, 09:33 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old March 27th, 2023, 11:03 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MBT's

About the Ukraine's tank factory, as I already reported that got blown up around the 2nd of March.
https://morozov.com.ua/en/bronetanko...i-vooruzhenie/
(I used this extensively when I stated on the OPLOT-M and other tank related purposes. So, if anyone gets through, please let me know been trying since 2 weeks into the war to connect.)
https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidax...h=1072a3a65d31
https://www.fpri.org/article/2022/09...of-a-long-war/
https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/a-steel...nomy-1.6330432
(Sounds like the Germans in WWII.)

This again is why those Russian captured tanks have been so important as it pertains to the above.

I saw that about that concerning the T-34/85 might as well bring back their SU-100 tanks they apparently have a large supply of also.

Russia has about a 4:1 manpower advantage over the Ukraine. In ignoring the above but allowing for the T-54/T-55 and T-62 it won't be an advantage that'll be long lived.

I have other news:

Czech Republic- Are wrapping up accelerated Operational testing of the about 4 LEOPARD 2A4 tanks they have to date. Based on delivery dates currently and with Operational Unit training yet to come they should reach FOC by late this year or I would think no later than JAN 2024.
https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe..._adoption.html

Turkey
-How long have I been tracking this next tank, I'm thinking almost as long as the ARJUN with one big difference the ARJUN got fielded. In the submission just posted yesterday I talked about the delays with the South Korean K2 and K2 PIP (Which doesn't look good either.) in this case it's what accelerated the production of the K1A2 by 3 years (Completed Production by DEC 2023) .

The first 2 above as per the write up, occurred twice in 2014 and 2018 with engine and transmission failures.

They shared the same fate that has plagued the ALTAY first with the loss of the German/Austrian Powerpack (Engine and Transmission etc.) with a period of stagnation as they had to design from scratch their own Powerpack and I'm on record as saying they wouldn't succeed in getting there with a 1500hp System and they didn't.

South Korea having fixed their issues and with an ever more hostile Russia, Turkey turned to the South Korea to supply the Powerpack, I know I posted this, and I believe the contracts got signed this past DEC. That's the Basic Background story.

So, here's the current situation...

For the second or third time Turkey has just received the first 2 tanks to start Operational Tests.

"the first Turkish-made New Altay Main Battle Tanks (MBTs) will be delivered to the Turkish Armed Forces on April 23, 2023. "

"Between April and December 2022, tests were carried out with the power group supplied from Korea and found to be successful."

"The Turkish army aims to complete the tests by 2024."

"Following the completion of the tests in 2025, mass-produced tanks with the Korean power group are expected to enter the Turkish armed force's military inventory."
https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe...eld_tests.html
(Will have to make some changes to it in at least FCS and maybe minor Armor adjustments as well.)

And I got my answer from this article, I've been tracking this tank for 15 years and it looks like I have a few more years to go.

Oh, lucky me!!!!

UK/Ukraine - MOD reporting the Ukrainian CHALLENGER 2 crews have completed training on the tanks, further those crews just very recently got back home.

Our tank is ready to go (CHALLENGER 2 EXPORT) but the UK is still prepping them and we all know why now-hopefully.

If they conduct combined operations like they did with the T-55S it might be mid-Summer before their assigned unit becomes operational based on what we know of the T-55S unit training cycle of LATE NOV 2022 - MAR 2023.
https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe...ing_in_uk.html

Our "NOW" is unfortunately is not the Ukraine's "NOW".

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; March 28th, 2023 at 10:48 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old March 31st, 2023, 02:29 PM

First Lieutenant

Ukrainians consider reinforced their Lepoards 2A4 with ERA blocks and made themem more like 2A5

https://en.defence-ua.com/weapon_and..._was-6248.html
The Following User Says Thank You to blazejos For This Useful Post:
Old March 31st, 2023, 05:36 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

I guess I will build a new icon......... and make a few adjustments to the armour rating

Pat...... get out your crystal ball...

THIS is why I was in no hurry to get the upgrade out the door in March

I have no doubt the 1a5's will get a similar treatment

Last edited by DRG; March 31st, 2023 at 05:59 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old March 31st, 2023, 07:20 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
THIS is why I was in no hurry to get the upgrade out the door in March
With an ongoing war and everyone and their brother sending stuff to the Ukraine this update in particular will just have to be "close enough".

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old March 31st, 2023, 07:29 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Yep....... and if the Ukrainians are putting Kontakt on the Leo 2A4's I am betting it's going on the Abrams, Challengers and Leo 1a5's as well so for now that's how the OOB's are set up

Last edited by DRG; April 1st, 2023 at 08:43 AM..
Old April 1st, 2023, 12:24 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MBT's

As to my crystal ball-I'm sticking to Mid-Summer early Fall I still have to relied on what we know of the T-55S integration/combined ops training they underwent which was well documented and submitted with my T-55S submission as well.

All the training also well documented mention they are being trained on our equipment for Combined Operations. This isn't any longer the Ukrainian Army of less then 5 years ago. It's the Ukrainian Army based on NATO Combined Army Doctrine.

I also am sure what we'll see in RL to GREATLY simplify logistics is the formation of Battalions based on the source of equipment. And this has already been discussed on the web as the plan. One Battalion each made up separately of German (All LEOPARDS.)/British and American assets. EVERY country has committed to large stocks of spare parts for all the combat vehicles being sent.

A very basic analogy is this you have a combat unit that can ONLY eat meat and another that can ONLY eat fish. But somehow, they get the opposite food, the result is you STARVE THEM until you fix the problem or they DIE if you can't.

As I made no adjustments to the ERA for the export tanks submitted (Because they didn't have ERA anyway TO START WITH.) I built, you should have to only add the ERA numbers to them which, we already have the numbers for, i.e., we know the values for say Kontact-5 etc. as they already exist in the game.

As you indicated there was no problem with the EXPORT TANKS submitted again, just add the ERA.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..