BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old May 21st, 2023, 03:15 PM

Sergeant

cbreedon is on a distinguished road
Exclamation What happens in 2025? / new tactics- new technologies

It's a year and a half away. Does the game die then? Or will the designers at least open the dates so people can make their own updates? It would be sad if it just becomes obsolete in the very near future.
Old May 21st, 2023, 04:58 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What happens in 2025?

WinSPMBT originally ended in 2020 and was extended to 2025.

As to what happens in 2025 that depends entirely on Don and Andy.

BUT !
Given some of the recent tech that's becoming common place (mini-drones, various anti-drone systems, artillery/missile intercept/destruction systems, electronic camouflage/invisibility, robots, cyberwarfare, etc.), stuff WinSPMBT was never designed/coded to deal with going beyond 2025 with the sort of tech/capability accuracy WinSPMBT is famous for would be VERY difficult as it would require basically redesign/coding of the entire game.
So don't hold your breath.

(Note: This is ENTIRELY my opinion and has zero input from Don/Andy.)

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to Suhiir For This Useful Post:
Old May 22nd, 2023, 01:52 AM

Sergeant

EJ is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: What happens in 2025?

All things eventually come to an end BUT I hope not this game in the near future. I hope Don & Andy have a plan to keep this game going beyond 2025. This is one of my favorite tactical strategy games. Will it requiring a complete rebuild to remain relevant beyond 2025? If so I will support it by buying it all over again if necessary!
Old May 22nd, 2023, 02:48 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: What happens in 2025?

Providing as mentioned, Andy and Don should decide to carry on I plan to submit my last submission in the Feb. - March 2026 timeframe.

GEEZ, I don't know speaking for myself I'll not quite be to my 67th year if a patch is released in 2026 with full retirement less than a year after that.

I figure I'll have more time to actually play the game instead working on it along with my regular job and all the wonderful things life throws our way.

It'll be the last opportunity to adjust dates and get some of the equipment into the game such as ARMATA, ALTAY (NEW), LeClerc XLR and ABRAMS M1A2C (SEP 3) which as of this writing still has not reached FOC from the USA.

Also going into the technical aspects is the fact that we can't model the defensive anti-drone systems already in the field from handheld to fully vehicle mounted systems using high speed frequency (ESM) to the more recently practical laser systems. And even simpler systems that "shoot out" nets to "capture" smaller drones.

I would hope we "temper" our desire to add too many drones and other similar systems because those systems against them exist and more importantly we would in fairness have to enter them into about every OOB currently in the game.

The only NEW major land-based system to do so in 2022 from the USA to reach FOC was the AMPV around last fall as I reported.

When I built and submitted the ABRAMS SEP 2 the "magic" number as I remember it took 8 Armored Brigade Combat Teams (ABCT) to be fully equipped with the ABRAMS M1A2 SEP 2 before the USA fielded it.
https://www.army.mil/standto/archive...rt%20battalion.

This is all army.mil has on the ABRAMS M1A2C/SEP 3

https://www.army.mil/article/255225/...al_defender_22
https://www.army.mil/article/256365/...rations_summit
(Note Para 11 as it pertains to Poland and this discussion.)
https://www.army.mil/article/258709/...ent_and_future
(They were the first unit to get the first of the M1A2C tanks in late 2020.)

I know an ABCT out of Ft. Stewart, Ga. just got fitted out this past year and should just about now or soon be at Ft. Irwin Training Grounds for "finishing school" and qualification to be certified as operational with their new equipment to include M1A2C, AMPV, Paladin A7 and others.

All you need to know about ABRAMS is here to build a timeline.
https://www.defenseindustrydaily.com...updated-02834/

"July 8/22:
Stryker General Dynamics Land Systems won external link a maximum $145.5 million deal for multiple spare parts in the Abrams Main Battle Tank, Stryker Family of Vehicles, Light Armored Vehicle Family of Vehicles, Cougar, Buffalo and RG-31. This was a sole-source acquisition using justification 10 US Code 2304(c)(1), as stated in Federal Acquisition Regulation 6.302-1. The M1 Abrams entered service in 1980 and currently serves as the main battle tank of the United States Army and formerly the Marine Corps. Work will take place in Florida. Estimated completion date is July 29, 2029."

Not all will see conversion to the M1A2C or M1A2D it seems.

As you can see, we have a lot of "outliners" still out there with maybe Ukrainian F-16 "land attack" jets within 2 years.

Stock up on your favorite "headache" relief product this could all prove interesting.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; May 22nd, 2023 at 12:02 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old May 22nd, 2023, 06:40 PM

First Lieutenant

blazejos is on a distinguished road

Meaby that is a good time to close SPMBT like SPWW2 in fixed timeframe and start to thinking about new game SPWW3 with all that innovations and OOB can be free of many stuff from Cold War.
Old May 22nd, 2023, 11:21 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazejos View Post
Meaby that is a good time to close SPMBT like SPWW2 in fixed timeframe and start to thinking about new game SPWW3 with all that innovations and OOB can be free of many stuff from Cold War.
Probably.

But who's gonna make it?
Don and Andy are two people not a game development company. Don handles graphics, OOBs, etc. Andy is the coder. Two people ... two. Even if they wanted to create SPWW3 it would take YEARS for one person to code it.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to Suhiir For This Useful Post:
Old May 25th, 2023, 06:14 PM

Sergeant

Dion is on a distinguished road

I think they should simply extend the years and update the game yearly. Simple solution. I think it would be best.

Last edited by Dion; May 25th, 2023 at 07:10 PM..
Old May 26th, 2023, 07:22 AM

Major

scorpio_rocks is on a distinguished road

WinSPWW2 "ends" in 1946 it is still updated and played nearly 80 years later...

WinSPMBT has a while to go yet!

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Roundel Objectives Mod
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
WW2 Roundel Objectives Mod
Old May 26th, 2023, 10:51 AM

Corporal

georgesedlak is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: What happens in 2025?

Scorpio is right, the time frame might end in 2025 but like SPWW2 will be played for a long time after.
Old May 26th, 2023, 11:23 AM

BANNED USER

Karagin is on a distinguished road

What about doing something as they have done with certain nations that change flags, aka new governments, so things hit the 2026 mark, new OOBs are in place that pushed out the older Cold War legacy stuff for those nations that are going full bore forward to the new age using that same method like how Rhoodesia's OOB vanishes post 1980 and is replaced with Zimbabwe.

Nothing saying it's an easy or simple idea, just an idea.
The Following User Says Thank You to Karagin For This Useful Post: