.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old May 27th, 2007, 01:43 AM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ulm Reborn v.1.1 new patch compatible FIXED

I'm dead set against giving Ulm Reborn any more magic. They are already magically either the equal or superior of regular LA Ulm and they are supposed to be a nation that's all about priests, dominion and great sacred troops/thugs.

In the next version they will have reduced cost for the Reborn Guard and summonables as well as a few other stat tweaks and a new national hero - the Confessor, who is a H2 F2 E2 marignese inquisitor turned black priest.

After that they should basically be a finished product. They're still not a top power nation, but they have some very unique traits.
Old May 27th, 2007, 03:35 AM

BANNED USER

Default Ulm Reborn v.1.2

I just updated the thread and I noticed that I forgot to fix the very minor bug with the hoch-hammer's hands. I can't be bothered to make a new version just to fix that, so I refer you to the fix posted by slipperyjim if it really bothers you being able to replace the hammer :]

Any way,....

GO GET 1.2. It's on the first post, it's available from a mediafire link and it's pretty much FINAL.
Old May 27th, 2007, 01:52 PM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Ulm Reborn v.1.2

Fair enough about not giving them any more magic, you're probably right I suppose. I can begin to see it must be very hard to avoid creating overpowered nations - myself I think I'd find it hard to resist keeping on adding cool units. And I agree it is more thematic not to add any more mage power.

Looking forward to having a play with 1.2 when I get a chance (away on holiday for the bank holiday at the mo).
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs
Old May 27th, 2007, 03:13 PM

Brigadier General

Shovah32 is on a distinguished road

As previously mentioned the hochhammers have hand slots and seem to constantly pick up trinkets and proceed to get killed.

ps: 4 hochhammers(all with thematic names, obviously) with a few non-hand items lead by the grey shepherd(to bless them) seem to be very good and destroying armies
Old May 30th, 2007, 10:59 AM

Sergeant

SlipperyJim is on a distinguished road

I swapped out to v1.2 in my current game, and it's just fine.

Oh, I just got the Confessor. He's nice to have, but not super-powerful. The concept is great!

As it happens, I agree with Sombre about the magic. Ulm Reborn simply does not need more magical variety. You already have access to Earth and Astral from your national mages, as well as Fire and Air from your summons. Considering that Ulm Reborn is not supposed to be a mage-heavy nation, that's more than enough magical power for my taste.

---

Shovah32: Check my previous post for a way to remove the Hoch-Hammers' hand slots. Basically, you just have to add:
Code:
#itemslots 13440

... to the Hoch-Hammer's definition in the mod file.
Old May 30th, 2007, 11:49 AM

BANNED USER

I'm very glad you enjoy it. It's a shame Jomon Broken didn't attract people as much - I think I'll do a bit more work on it and see if I can entice people with a new version.
Old May 30th, 2007, 03:19 PM

Sergeant

SlipperyJim is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Sombre said:
I'm very glad you enjoy it. It's a shame Jomon Broken didn't attract people as much - I think I'll do a bit more work on it and see if I can entice people with a new version.
Um, well ... Ulm was the first nation I ever played in Dom1, and they've always been my favorites. Except I don't really care for the Black Forest "take" on LA Ulm. For me, Ulm Reborn is exactly what LA Ulm should have been.

(No disrespect to Kristoffer & Johan! Black Forest is a fine concept and well-executed. It's just not my personal choice.)

Jomon Broken doesn't have the same sort of appeal for me. I don't know why. Back to that personal choice, I suppose. However, Arga Dis is looking mighty fine to me. That will probably be the next nation mod that I try.
Old May 30th, 2007, 07:19 PM

Sergeant

BandarLover is on a distinguished road

I appreciate your Broken Swords mod, Sombre. Early age Yomi and middle age Shinuyama have real nice character and a cool FEEL to them.

Late age Jomon has ninjas.

Really, that's the only thing I like about them. I almost think your mod makes more sense by the fact that it follows the whole "every nation seems to be slipping downward into shadow" like the majority of LA nations. I don't even play Jomon anymore.
Old May 30th, 2007, 08:47 PM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough

Oh, I actually really like LA Jomon. It's cool to have proper human samurais.

I haven't really looked at Broken Swords, so can't comment.
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs
Old May 30th, 2007, 09:03 PM

Sergeant

BandarLover is on a distinguished road

You should, it's real cool. Sombre infused some Japanese horror elements that are just awesome. I loves it!

I like the samurai aspect as well, it's just that, as an overall nation, Jomon is kinda blah to me. I can't explain it any better than....blah.