.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old April 28th, 2009, 09:25 AM

Second Lieutenant

Hoplosternum is on a distinguished road
Question Modding Magic Sites questions

Is there any way to make a new magic site which has say a Conjuration bonus? I can't see any command in the Modding pdf for this. Nor can I see any copysite command and/or clear features from a site commands which would let me copy existing sites and then use them.

Assuming there are no such commands is it possible to ammend existing magic sites? For example if I wanted a Conjuration 20% bonus site is there anything I can do with say site 408 Wolven Gate which gives this bonus? And if so how can I handle the fact that it already has one other feature (1N in this case) and can that be changed?

Can I even change anything about existing sites? For example can I make them none unique by adding (say):

#selectsite 408
#rarity 0
#end

To change Wolven Gate from a rare site to a common one? Or would this cause it to lose it's gem and conjuration bonus?

I have read through the magicsite mod but cannot see anything that is obviously adding bonuses or copy and modifying existing sites. So I am guessing it's not possible to get these affects on new sites?

Thanks!
Old April 28th, 2009, 09:55 AM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Modding Magic Sites questions

When there are no commands for something, you can't add or change it. If there's a command for something, you can use the command to change just that aspect of unit/item/site, with restrictions.

Sites can only have four effects: generating X gems of Y, or Z gold, or Å resources, or giving bonus to one school, etc. If Wolven Gate already happened to have four features, you'd have to replace one of the existing ones.

You can change rarity without any trouble, and make sites non-unique. Uniqueness is controlled by the #loc mask, though, so you'd have to lower the value of #loc by the value of unique, 16000-something.
Old April 28th, 2009, 01:02 PM

Major General

Gregstrom is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Modding Magic Sites questions

16384?

Want to use multiple mods? The Mod Compatibility Index might be useful.