.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old December 21st, 2006, 07:25 PM

General

NTJedi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Will Vanheim Ever Become Spayed?

Quote:
solops said:
This stuff is interesting on Van, but I think I'm playing a different game. The biggest difference is that I play against the AI, but I also ratchet down the money, etc and I make R&D as expensive as possible. Vanheim does not seem to be the problem described here.
Even now there's multiplayer games where people are complaining about someone taking a double or triple bless strategy and the nation(s) are not just Vanheim, but Mictlan, and Neifelheim.
The issue is not that Vanheim is too strong... it's that Vanheim is too strong while using dual bless strategy during blitz games. If Vanheim is not using a bless strategy then there's no issue with this capital only sacred unit.
Old December 21st, 2006, 10:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

Valandil is on a distinguished road

Is the issue then perhaps not vanheim at all? maybe its something to do with blessings? ▄

Old December 22nd, 2006, 02:53 AM

Captain

Saxon is on a distinguished road

Blind in 1000 years? No, vision is too important in our societies, look at computers, driving, reading and so forth. You still get reproductive advantages from vision. I can see a rise in other things, like hereditary diseases controlled by medication, but not loss of vision.

As for the topic, I still argue for a boosting of the price (gold and/or resources) of the units in question. Reducing their numbers retains the flavour and option of using the strategy, but makes massing and rushing with them a bit harder. It is an easy fix technically, addresses both the SP and MP grumbles and does not impact other nations too much. Strangely, I recall a certain developer mentioning that they planned to do just such a thing in an upcoming patch, so why don’t we wait and see how it works out?
Old December 22nd, 2006, 04:14 AM

Corporal

Hullu is on a distinguished road

Quote:

In the tortise vs. hare race, humans are the tortise, and we win every time.

What do you base this on?:/ A hare can travel in an hour what takes weeks for a tortoise. Now, if a hare does this every third day the tortoise must live thousands of years to make up for what the hare can travel in it's lifetime. Or do your tortoises live an unlimited amount of years?

No [censored] this is off topic!
Old December 22nd, 2006, 05:47 AM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hullu said:
Quote:

In the tortise vs. hare race, humans are the tortise, and we win every time.

What do you base this on?:/ A hare can travel in an hour what takes weeks for a tortoise. Now, if a hare does this every third day the tortoise must live thousands of years to make up for what the hare can travel in it's lifetime. Or do your tortoises live an unlimited amount of years?

No [censored] this is off topic!
Ever heard of Aisopos? Aisopoksen sadut? Kumpi kilpajuoksun voittikaan, jänis vai kilpikonna?

If Aisopos had been a cook, the tortoise would have been a soup, and the hare cooked in the oven. The order would have stayed the same: slower comes first.
Old December 22nd, 2006, 06:54 AM

Second Lieutenant

Sheap is on a distinguished road

Quote:
maybe its something to do with blessings?
Yes, the issue is with imprisoned pretenders, which gives so many extra points for blessings, while still maintaining decent scales. The best suggestion I've heard for fixing this is that blessings shouldn't work if your god isn't awake yet (dead is OK).
Old December 22nd, 2006, 07:18 AM

Corporal

Hullu is on a distinguished road

Hrmpf.
Old December 22nd, 2006, 07:27 AM

Captain

Saxon is on a distinguished road

Incidentally, I have tortoise in my garden and he can move a surprisingly quickly when so inclined. He mostly just sits in the sun, enjoying himself, but occasionally gets in a mood and goes marching across the garden at a decent speed.

With a water blessing, he could become quite dangerous… He eats many things, but particularly likes the lower bits of my cactus, so I have him down for short weapon length armor piercing attacks and heavy armor. He is grumpy and won’t do what I want, so I would argue for high morale as well. Probably a good unit to have on your side…
Old December 22nd, 2006, 01:06 PM

Sergeant

solops is on a distinguished road

Tortoises are also surprisingly stealthy. And they will converge on the back door from all directions when given a recognisable, audible signal (Good discipline? intelligence rating). It is best if a snack is involved.

They have been around much longer than humans or hares. It may be that They Shall Inherit The Earth....after battling it out with the obviously capable cockroaches.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; if it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it. Judge Learned Hand
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that They are not out to get you.

Old December 22nd, 2006, 01:23 PM

Major General

Ragnarok-X is an unknown quantity at this point

To revive this topic: Vanheim is imba. Seriously. Just a day ago i was playing Ctis vs Vanheim. I had huge armies of conventional (no summons) armies, both high protection and trampler, and i was slaughtered on almost every fight. I feel like Glamour is WAY too powerful.