Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old July 21st, 2012, 05:28 PM

Captain

gila is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Videos of SPww2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
Sorry got to disagree with you Rosollia while what you mention has merit causing minor video degrade it is not the main problem. Click on videos of other games the guys done they look fine so his video capture is okay,
The main problem is the free game looks terrible made slightly worse by being videoed. It reminded me just how bad it looked I bought the MBT CD first & had to stop playing WWII till I bought that to as now realised just how poor the quality was & it made it unplayable.
I found the clarity in the vid post #9 very clear, myself, much like looking over his shoulder even when in expanded screen.

Someone needs to pick his brain,he may be here after all.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 02:57 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

Okay I will explain most likely what he did, played in full screen (which you could do) at 640x480 which is how I used to play. So the distortion is from the picture being blown up & indeed does look nearly that bad. Was pre wide screen so not stretched just blown up with loss of quality.
You kept the quality by going windowed & settling for a tiny display area instead if I am correct, about 8 hexes across from a guess taken at maximum zoom level.
Off topic but humour me how many hexes can you see at 1 off minimum zoom, i.e. zoom right out & in one.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 07:07 PM

First Lieutenant

Ts4EVER is on a distinguished road

On trying out the scenario again I think he didn't fudge the settings. I won with 2 fewer casualties and I got everything on 100%.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 09:14 PM

Corporal

BadCompany is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Wow I seriously forgot just how bad the free game looks the CD was worth every penny.
I have to agree, having owned the CD version of both MBT and WW2 for 2-3 years now, watching this video made my eyes bleed. Resolution was worth the price for me alone - and it payed off. Now the game supports ANY resolution.
Old July 23rd, 2012, 04:23 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

Off topic but I was intrigued so tried 640x480 windowed against what I play on as I never used it. Planning for distant LOS must be hard work the hex size remains identical but I can see over 5 times the number of hexes. That & the 5 key letting me keep track of my formations at a glance must have saved me 100s of hours especially in MBT where shots at 2000+ metres do happen.
Old July 26th, 2012, 06:59 PM

Captain

gila is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Okay I will explain most likely what he did, played in full screen (which you could do) at 640x480 which is how I used to play. So the distortion is from the picture being blown up & indeed does look nearly that bad. Was pre wide screen so not stretched just blown up with loss of quality.
You kept the quality by going windowed & settling for a tiny display area instead if I am correct, about 8 hexes across from a guess taken at maximum zoom level.
Off topic but humour me how many hexes can you see at 1 off minimum zoom, i.e. zoom right out & in one.
i own the CD in both games and play at 640 x 480 or whatever it is all the time.. no problem with bleeding eye balls.

The only time i get eye strain is when i up the resulution and then the text gets smaller,,,,, a little over emphasis on the poor quality i'm thinking
Old July 29th, 2012, 05:25 PM

Corporal

BadCompany is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gila View Post
Quote:
i own the CD in both games and play at 640 x 480 or whatever it is all the time.. no problem with bleeding eye balls.

The only time i get eye strain is when i up the resulution and then the text gets smaller,,,,, a little over emphasis on the poor quality i'm thinking
If 640 x 480 is all you play, even with the CD Version, then of course you are used to it. Before I got the CD Version, I could only go up to 800 x 600, so 640 x 480 wasn't that big of a deal. Try running on something like 1080p native res for 2 - 3 years and tell me that 640 x 480 doesn't look absolutely appalling.
Old August 5th, 2012, 12:33 AM

Sergeant

Rosollia is on a distinguished road

Found some more gameplay videos posted at Youtube by "Pewpewchewchew".

winSPWW2 Steel Panthers WW2 Generated Campaign Battle 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvK0J2hq6sI

winSPWW2 Steel Panthers WW2 Generated Campaign Battle 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr2ENIPrr5o

winSPWW2 Steel Panthers WW2 Generated Campaign Battle 3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq1Oka9O0ok

winSPWW2 Steel Panthers WW2 Generated Campaign Battle 4:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jam2bh9qVmw
Old August 5th, 2012, 08:23 AM

First Lieutenant

Ts4EVER is on a distinguished road

IMO these battles are way too small, but you don't have much of a choice when you want to do a video I guess.