.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Closed Thread

Old September 6th, 2006, 10:47 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Artificial stupidity

Hmmmmm actually might. Im not sure what info gets put into the log by the debug command. So we have start-game, and end-numbers (maybe). But the combat would require keypresses. Maybe with a macro...
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old September 6th, 2006, 10:48 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

You could also increase your statistics by creating many neighboring provinces and setting it up to have the same combat in all of them.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old September 7th, 2006, 10:12 PM

Sergeant

Wick is on a distinguished road

My default test map is an 8x8 grid and I usually use four battles, alternating attacker and defender.

I thought about using the debug log and it looks possible but hard. I don't have any idea about running the battles though so I'm letting it slide. How would you do a macro?
Old September 7th, 2006, 11:36 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

a third party macro software that will record mouse movements, clicks, and keypresses, then play them back. For repeating the same thing over and over it can be handy
Old September 8th, 2006, 04:59 AM

Private

JPSeraph is on a distinguished road

How does the AI scale in this game? Is Easy simply resource deprived or is it also less intelligent than Normal, for instance.

And I gather that the two Hard difficulties mostly benefit from improved resources rather than improved strategy in comparison to Normal or is this incorrect?

I like to play SP versus an AI that is intelligent but not one loaded with resources as my playing style is somewhat ponderous.

So far I've found that Normal difficulty is maybe a little faster than I'd like, but if the AI on Easy isn't going to avail itself of the same strategies as Normal, then I'd rather stick with Normal.
Old September 8th, 2006, 07:31 AM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road

The AI doesn't change its tactics AFAIK. However, if the games are too fast, you should try fiddling with the game settings a bit. Up the strength of independents to 6 or so, or play in a bigger map, or with fewer enemy nations. The first one, especially, can have a huge impact.
Old September 8th, 2006, 11:39 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Changed AI setting changes the amount of points that it can spend on its pretender if I remember right.
Old September 8th, 2006, 05:27 PM

Private

JPSeraph is on a distinguished road

Ok, so AI setting affects design points and either starting gold(?) or a #supplymult, #goldmult, #resourcemult, etc for individual nations?

As long as the AI isn't "dumber" on normal or easy, then I don't really mind. I just like SP games to start off very slowly before developing into all-out slaughter.
Old September 9th, 2006, 04:49 AM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road

Higher AI levels get more gold, supplies, resources and gems, IIRC. Higher levels of AI also get more design points. Normal AI has everything the same as humans, except possibly e.g. supplies to make up for the fact they easily starve their armies or other things they need because they aren't smart enough.
Old September 9th, 2006, 07:23 AM

Lieutenant General

Daynarr is on a distinguished road

I don't think they get more gems on higher levels. It may appear that way later in game since they will have more money to buy mages and thus search for sites more. But you can see in early turns its normal gem income.

I think they get more design points on higher levels as well.
Closed Thread