.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old December 8th, 2006, 05:45 PM

Sergeant

Ewierl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bug thread

Quote:
In fact the graphs have lost functionality because now when an opponent dies its graph vanishes thus there's no way to view the graph history at the end of a game. I'm hoping this functionality is restored within an upcoming patch.
This has always been the case, from Dominions2 up until now.

I agree that it should be changed, mind you; but if it is a bug, it's not a new one.
Old December 8th, 2006, 05:51 PM

General

NTJedi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Ewierl said:
Quote:
In fact the graphs have lost functionality because now when an opponent dies its graph vanishes thus there's no way to view the graph history at the end of a game. I'm hoping this functionality is restored within an upcoming patch.
This has always been the case, from Dominions2 up until now.

I agree that it should be changed, mind you; but if it is a bug, it's not a new one.
I was playing Dominions_2 last night... and dead opponents do not vanish from the graph as now seen in DOM_3. This is a loss of functionality which will hopefully be restored. Others have also recognized this change.
Old December 8th, 2006, 06:43 PM

Corporal

Blofeld is on a distinguished road

[img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Bug.gif[/img] 3.04 reanimation bug - LA C'tis still can't reanimate Tombworms

Checked with prophetised Tomb King
Old December 8th, 2006, 07:13 PM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road

Magic shields are too good against missiles, easily giving over 80% chance of arrows being deflected.

Thread with maths.
Old December 8th, 2006, 11:35 PM

First Lieutenant

Loren is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Agrajag said:
Quote:
Loren said:
The graph has a maximum income it can show. I exceeded that when I cast Gift of Nature's Bounty. Now, with 3.04 I cast Fata Morgana and my income took another major leap--yet my income graph is a flat line.
The graph does tend to scale in a somewhat wierd manner sometimes. Are you sure its completely flat and not just scaled down a bit?
Completely flat while my income increased severalfold.

Quote:
I've also run into an item stacking issue. Like items don't stack, period. While sensible for things like rings of wizardry, this is unreasonable when their effects are independent. If I have two kettles of broth I should have 200 units of supply!
Items don't stack and that's the way it is. There are bug-exceptions, I don't think they have been fixed. (IIRC four misc. slots will allow you to stack identical items as long as they are in none-adjacent slots)
I know how the rules work, I just think it's silly in some cases.

Quote:
I also think there should be another category of item a hero can carry: Those which have no tactical benefit. These should be unlimited. It's silly to have a whole bunch of heroes with kettles of broth trailing along with the guys actually leading the troops.
If I understand correctly and you are suggesting that commander should be able to carry an infinite number of items like Cauldron of Broth, then that doesn't make sense either. How exactly is one commander carrying two-hundred cast iron pots from province to province all by himself?
I don't think he's actually carrying even one by himself. He's also got plenty of helpers in the army he's feeding.

Quote:
Also, I can find no means to get rid of useless troops. What good are tritons when I don't expect to ever fight in that water again?
It would be nice to be able to get rid of useless troops. Though I have to admit it could also make the game more annoying (Yes, I can see how the lack of an ability to get rid of useless troops is also annoying)

How in the world would the ability to get rid of them be annoying?
Old December 9th, 2006, 04:21 AM

Sergeant

Horst F. JENS is on a distinguished road
Default 3.04: Shuten-doji, flute aura affect friends

3.04: Bug:
The "flute" aura of the Shuten-doji (the "mortal vampire" of the MA Nation "Shinuyama, Land of the Bakemono") affect friends and not only foes.

Possible Bug:
When giving the Shuten-doji a weapon (one-handed) or a shield he loose his life-drain attack. Do he need both his hands to life-drain ? I think the life-drain weapon should made #bonus. Reason: He is a kind of vampire and suck blood with his mouth, not with his hands.
Old December 9th, 2006, 06:29 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Agrajag is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Loren said:
I don't think he's actually carrying even one by himself. He's also got plenty of helpers in the army he's feeding.

Or maybe he doesn't? Maybe he is just a commander that is carrying 200 Cauldrons of Broth to the front lines because you recently acquired the ability to produce some and desperately need them at the front?
Or maybe all his troops died?

How in the world would the ability to get rid of them be annoying?
Because then you'd have another thing to micromanage every turn.
Like getting rid of three of those X units in province Y and two of those W units in province Z to pay two less gold pieces in upkeep so you'll have exactly enough gold to recruit unit V. etc.

Old December 9th, 2006, 07:21 AM

Second Lieutenant

B0rsuk is on a distinguished road

A typo in Kailāsa. It seems that the game spells it 'Kailasa' in all cases (without dash above second 'a').
I demand that monkey people get equal treatment. I mean, there's Utgård.
It's not so easy to fool a badger, especially one that makes nautical charts for a living. I've seen 'Kailāsa Range' on a chart covering India.
This is NOT what Nelson Mandela was fighting for !

Proof here:
http://www.highbeam.com/docprint.asp...d=1O101:Kailsa
Old December 9th, 2006, 07:44 AM

Major General

Taqwus is on a distinguished road
Default Devasura description; underwater devils; capitals

Devasura, having gone over to the Dark Side, is no longer seeking redemption from Kailasa but is with Lanka.

He's also the only Lanka hero I've seen, which is quite possibly not a bug but working as designed.

Devils from The Looming Hell can appear and fight underwater, even though they are neither amphibious nor aquatic. If I capture Ulm and can recruit amazons there... why couldn't Ulm have done the same?

Thematic bug: it's very odd that, after capturing a capital, one can recruit troops there based on the underlying indy poptype that the owner of the capital could not recruit.
Old December 9th, 2006, 09:55 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Dedas is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Devasura description; underwater devils; capit

Quote:
Taqwus said:

Thematic bug: it's very odd that, after capturing a capital, one can recruit troops there based on the underlying indy poptype that the owner of the capital could not recruit.
Well, maybe the original people dwelled in deep holes and cellars - hiding from their oppressors - and now they see the nation that captured the city as their liberators, and wanting to join them.