.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old November 13th, 2008, 05:20 AM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Suggestions for the next patch

1. I find berserk +2 useful on plenty of sacred troops. Not so much on commanders, it's true, but the bonus to protection, attack and strength from berserk can be extremely useful, as can your troops winning a battle after you side has routed.

3. This could be done via a mod. Reduce the parry value on all shields and reduce the damage value of all projectiles.
Old November 13th, 2008, 05:29 AM

First Lieutenant

Dragar is on a distinguished road

The thing is the berserk is as often a disadvantage as an advantage, given if you're running a bless it is often going to be with sacred mages too

I reckon some poison resistance, 50% say, would be suitable.

I wouldn't say that nature is weak; it just isn't that strong for damaging combat spells, most of the nature spells you'd cast in combat are buffs. Its rituals are very powerful, the supply benefit on mages is very handy and there are plenty of good items.
Old November 13th, 2008, 06:07 AM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road

You get a strength and a weakness. The strength is quite powerful in the early game, while the weakness generally requires a specific strategy by your opponent (such as rain of stones etc) to exploit. Plus you can always not bless your mages right away in a battle - the choice there is yours generally, not your opponents.
Old November 13th, 2008, 09:50 AM

Second Lieutenant

Humakty is on a distinguished road

berserk+2 ability can be usefull on recruitable sacred thugs/SCs some nations have. At least they don't run away from the first scratch.

Senior member of the GLIN !

Last edited by Humakty; November 13th, 2008 at 09:55 AM..
Old November 14th, 2008, 02:37 PM

Sergeant

Kojusoki is on a distinguished road

I would find it extremly usefull to have a "sentry" option for the commanders on the main screen. I mean, sometimes I have a commander at the fortress, either I dont want to move or to fight. I just want him to stay there and wait for a proper time. Now, I can give him orders: Patrol or Defend.
Patrol is not good, becouse if he being attackd, he can be killed or moved to an another province (retreat), but not to a besieged castle. If he is set to defend, everytime I hit "n" he appears as a unit ready to be moved.
It is not a problem of having one or two idle commanders, but sometimes, mainly in the turns around 40 you have many castles at the borders with armies ready to some action, however at the moment they are not supposed to do anything. They are simply waiting so there is no need to come back to them next turn or even later. I would like to have an opportunity to give them order "wait until I need you"

Was it clear enough to be undesrtandable?

Last edited by Kojusoki; November 14th, 2008 at 02:40 PM..
Old November 14th, 2008, 02:46 PM

General

thejeff is on a distinguished road

I'd settle for a simple "I'm done with you for this turn, so cycle back to you 'n'" option.

Handles scouts hiding out in enemy territory, sieging commanders, commanders waiting for action, mages whose lab has burned down, etc, etc.
I often want to be reminded of them next turn, but not when I'm trying to see if there's anyone I've missed this turn.
Old November 14th, 2008, 04:36 PM

Lieutenant General

JimMorrison is on a distinguished road

Maybe a "shift-N". Or does that do something already? >.>
Old November 19th, 2008, 10:41 AM

Sergeant

Deadnature is on a distinguished road

This may seem a bit radical of a change, but why not allow all forts to build two leaders: one mage/priest and one non-magical/non-holy commander? I say this because in competitive MP games it seems like no-one ever builds anything but a researcher at their forts in order to keep up with the other players.

There are so many cool units that are basically not used because of this dynamic, but I don't think it would unbalance the game to do this. However it would open up a whole world of strategies that you would basically be foolish pursue now.
Old November 19th, 2008, 11:30 AM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadnature View Post
This may seem a bit radical of a change, but why not allow all forts to build two leaders: one mage/priest and one non-magical/non-holy commander? I say this because in competitive MP games it seems like no-one ever builds anything but a researcher at their forts in order to keep up with the other players.
It's been suggested many times. I really like the idea, but there are currently several problematic units. First, there are commanders that can do some of the things a mage might, without being mages: Phisolophers of EA Arcos, Communicants of MA Pythium and perhaps few more. Second, and more importantly, there are mages that can be recruited without a lab (any mage with just random picks), including nations like EA Hinnom, MA Ashdod, MA Jotunheim, LA Man.

I'd love to have a way to recruit national scouts, spies, assassins and military leaders without forgoing recruitment of national mages, but there aren't any easy ways to do it.
Old November 19th, 2008, 12:10 PM

General

Zeldor is on a distinguished road

Endoperez:

I think otherwise, it would be very easy - just tie some units to lab and some to fort. If you want national mages you need fort + lab. With fort you just have scouts and military leaders. Of course it would require rethinking of some commanders, but there are probably less than 10 total in 3 ages, so no huge problem.

LA Agartha guide