.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old April 3rd, 2008, 12:54 AM

Sergeant

Zenzei is on a distinguished road
Default Bless: Troops vs. Commanders

Okay here's a hypothetical situation. Your nation has great cap only sacred unit like Valkyrie and cap only sacred commander like Yakshini. What bless, double 9 being maximum, do you take? What if the cap only restriction was removed and competitors replaced with Jaguar Warrior and Sidhe Lord, what would your bless, double 9 still being maximum, be now? Some reasoning for your choices is appreciated but not required.

For purposes of this thread consider all other units available to the nation to be your standard array of light/heavy infantry mixed with some archers/x-bows and cavalry. Resource costs ranging from 10(archers) to 30(cavalry). In addition our nation has no scale preferences of any kind, so no totally free points from there. If there's some additional info that should be known, mention it and I add parameters for it.

I've recently tested different blesses a lot, some aimed at troops some at commanders, and thought it would be interesting to know what kind of blesses other players use if they are given both good sacred troops & sacred commanders. I've formed my own opinion based on my tests but I'll post it later, along with my reasoning, in order to avoid any possible skewing of the results.

PS: I tried to make the choice difficult but if you have better picks for competitors tell it and I may change to it.
Old April 3rd, 2008, 01:25 AM

Lieutenant General

Aezeal is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bless: Troops vs. Commanders

I think a double 9 bless just for commanders isn't worth the points really, I'd focus on the troops and just have the commanders benefit in addition..

BTW earth 9 usually is nice for troops and commanders
In for a whole new sort of game? Then try my scenario map Gang Wars.
Old April 3rd, 2008, 01:40 AM

Sergeant

Cerlin is on a distinguished road

I always love an earth 9 bless for Tuatha nations and Agartha all ages.

"Luck is what others call skill when they have none." - Phelean Wolf
Old April 3rd, 2008, 07:31 AM

Major General

Gregstrom is on a distinguished road

Beyond saying E9 is good, there is a bit of a dependency on whether your sacred commanders are mages or warrior types. If you're looking primarily at blessing mages, you might be able to save points by going E8 as you won't feel such a great need for the protection boost. Also for mages, N4 reduces the odds of afflictions nicely and there's a weak benefit from taking a Death bless (battlefield evocations causing extra afflictions can make a bit of difference). You don't see much benefit from F, W, S (beyond S4-6), B or A.

For warrior commanders, I guess it's similar to troops. I guess I'd give priority to W9, S9, E9 (not necessarily in that order), and perhaps a bit of N.

Want to use multiple mods? The Mod Compatibility Index might be useful.
Old April 3rd, 2008, 03:14 PM

Corporal

Karlem is on a distinguished road

If you go for blessed commanders do not go F9 because the flaming weapons overwrites the speciall properties of the weapong, so a frostbrand does not do area effect and so.

It's on the bug list.

Don't forget minors blesses: S4 or W4 can be nice many times with another level 9 bless.