.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old March 25th, 2005, 02:12 PM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road
Default Death, the Undead and strange thoughts

Jotunheim can get special Longdead from reanimation. Can C'tis get any other than their national longdead from Reanimation and similar, or do they get the lizard ones?

Which longdead can be reanimated by the command Reanimate Longdead?

What are the Reanimate commands for different races? My quess is Ghoul, Soulless, Longdead, Longdead Horsemen, Ermorian Lictors for everyone except C'tis, with no special undead for summoned Unholy priests for Caelum or Jotunheim.

What spells summon ghouls, soulless, longdead and longdead horsemen, for one battle only or as units? These are the ones I know and remember:
Awaken Hunger, ghouls
Reanimation, longdead
Raise Skeletons, longdead
Ghost Ship Armada, longdead?
Army of the Dead, longdead & soulless
Raise Dead, soulless
Carrion Reanimation, soulless
Life After Death, soulless
Pale Riders, longdead horsemen
Ghost Rider, longdead horsemen

I am asking this because I would like to mod some Death spells to Nature spells in my mod. I won't have time to try to do this probably before summer, but I have few free days and would like to think some things through. I am thinking of modding Ghost Riders to send a herd of buffalo to ravage through a province, and to make Unholy magic reanimate (call forth) beasts, birds and other "natural" creatures instead of undead.

Having to replace both Soulless and Longdead to be able to use Reanimate is not too good, but I think I can explain that in my mod. It is very early stage of the Dominions world, world dominated by creatures very inhuman. Dwarves would still exist in larger numbers, Vanir would not be the rulers but the subjects, Niefel would not yet have defeated the Asmegs (or maybe Aesir, I haven't decided on that yet), Tuatha would still live in Avalon, Abysia would not yet have Humanbred armies (although I would like change Crossbreed to be their specialty, giving them access to race Humanbreds and Garnet Amazons originate from), instead of human nations there would be Tribes, Ice Devils would rule the Abyss, there would be less magic floating around and less spells to research, Divine magic would have a bigger role (I especially like the NNHH summon of the Oglala mod and the idea of literally Holy Pyre)...

Oh, and the Furman I use as my avatar will be one of the inhabitants of this hostile, dangerous Era. He is one of the lucky ones, though, because he is a Horse Brother and has stayed mostly intact. Others will be made from bits and pieces I manage to gather from different units of the game or can create myself. As for everybody else, the graphics are my biggest problem.
Old March 25th, 2005, 02:30 PM

First Lieutenant

Oversway is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Death, the Undead and strange thoughts

Neat idea for a mod. Sounds like a lot of work.

Reminds me of the different 'ages' talked about for dom3. Although I didn't have the impression they would go that far back.
Old March 25th, 2005, 02:31 PM

Major General

Taqwus is on a distinguished road

Don't forget the mandragoras, mannikin, and Carrion Woods-specific undead (assorted Carrion Beasts; other mannikin / mandragora based on satyrs, harpies, minotaurs; Sagittarian Carcasses). Pan CW gets these even from Mound Fiends.
Old March 25th, 2005, 02:53 PM

If there will be any Mound Fiends, that is!

I can see the (even then) ancient races of Pangaea having many generations of manikin-ingredients stashed up somewhere, so I don't have to actually change them... But if I do, I might go for a Vineman/Intelligent Animals route. Although that was Saber Cherry's idea, even more than the original idea about the Ice Age.

And yes, when I read about the Ages I lost my faith in the project for a while. But this is closer to the Dark Age of the Conquest of Elysium, Illwinter's first game. I might buy that just to snatch some graphics. For those that haven't tried its demo, it has different Eras just like Dominions III will have, but more spesific to the unnamed world they all seemed to happen in: Monarchy, Empire, Fallen Empire, Agricultural, Dark Age and probably some I forgot. That affects both the races enemies play and the places and units that roam the lands.

BTW, has anyone else caught a party of Wizard, three Hoburgs, Elf, Unexcepted Hero, Hero, Dwarf, and an invisible Hoburg in the CoE? I quite enjoyed The One Ring, although I didn't find any real use for it.
Old March 25th, 2005, 05:12 PM

Major

Nagot Gick Fel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Taqwus said:
Don't forget the mandragoras, mannikin, and Carrion Woods-specific undead (assorted Carrion Beasts; other mannikin / mandragora based on satyrs, harpies, minotaurs; Sagittarian Carcasses). Pan CW gets these even from Mound Fiends.
Vanilla and New Era Pan also reanimate manikins instead of the usual soulless/ghouls/longdead.
Old March 25th, 2005, 05:19 PM

Does that also mean that all themes of C'tis reanimate Desert Tombs undead?
Old March 25th, 2005, 05:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

Scott Hebert is on a distinguished road

I think so, Endo. At the least, they get Tomb Wyrms (if you can get an Unholy-4 priest).