ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Shrapnel General

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 11th, 2008, 11:54 PM

Major General

Jazzepi is on a distinguished road
Default New Board - Props and Slops

Things I immediately noticed and didn't like.

SLOPS

1. The tiny stored PM cap.

I know that there was a huge issue with the number of PMs being saved in people's accounts, but the current 100 message limit is far too low. I generate well over 100 messages from a single game. I use the board PM system explicitly so that I can store those messages and look at them later in case I forget about an agreement/trade/pact. Since I usually play in 4-5 games at any given time, I can usually expect a load of about 300-1000 messages depending on whether or not I survive for a long time.

In short, the cap was put on because a tiny fraction of the users were clogging up the database with their PMs. PLEASE raise the cap to something more reasonable, say 1000 PMs, so that I can continue to use the on board PM system to do diplomacy.

2. The board itself seems smaller. It's like someone took it and squished it in from the sides. There's less room given to the individual threads, and I find the screen much more "busy" with irrelevant stuff. I'd really like to see the individual cell size of each thread increased (when browsing from a general page outside of a specific thread) as well as the text inside of those cells.

Basically I feel like I'm playing in this tiny little sandbox and not using the majority of the window.

3. The number of icon usable for the main thread of the posts has shrunk considerably. I always used the icons to show a difference between the multiplayer game threads so that they're easy to pick out. So, basically, please add more icons that we can use for the post ones.

4. I dislike the "new post" icon. I felt the way the old system worked where the thread itself was simply bolded was much more effective. It's more difficult to differentiate between a thread that has a new post in it than one that doesn't because the icons are all so similar.

5. Apparently there's no way to delete posts anymore How frustrating. Can an admin please move this to the general board?

PROPS

Otherwise things look okay, and I'm glad the transition is finally over with! Thanks to all the admins for putting in the time and effort to get stuff over-hauled so quickly. Hopefully the transition will equal less down time in the future. Oh, and the new boards are very zippy, which is extremely nice. No more waiting for load times.

Jazzepi

Last edited by Jazzepi; August 11th, 2008 at 11:58 PM..