.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old April 18th, 2009, 07:36 AM

Sergeant

BandarLover is on a distinguished road
Default Any Machaka love?

I noticed DaveCG seems to be off and running on an Early Age mod of Machaka, but does anyone know if there are any mods out there for the vanilla Machaka? It seems such a shame that they don't have any nation specific summons or spells, and I have not heard if KO had any plans to update them in any future patches so I thought I'd check with the mod community to see if anyone had tried modding them.
Old April 18th, 2009, 08:04 AM

Lieutenant General

Aezeal is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Any Machaka love?

Well I'm working on Machaka for Dom 3 K (spider walkers, spiders and spider spaceships ) but it's not released yet except for an alpha version in the dom 3 K thread.

And I seem to recall someone made a spider god pretender for them something with an A. It's in the signature of one of the more regular posters here, possibly endoperez.

Can't remember much else.. have you tried a forum search?
In for a whole new sort of game? Then try my scenario map Gang Wars.
Old April 18th, 2009, 09:20 AM

Corporal

DaveCG is on a distinguished road

You know, I was half thinking about rejazzing up MA Machaka alittle! :P

More on topic, I don't think I've seen anything for MA Machaka other than endoperez god spider pretender, which is totally awesome.

DrP did a EA Machaka before me and he's done a LA one too, which I must admit gave me the idea to make my own, hopefully KO which get round to it after he's finished with yomi/jomon's dragon stuff and I think he said something about do Tcchi-china stuff after that if I remember right, oh well, maybe something will come out the wood work.
Old April 18th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Major General

Foodstamp is on a distinguished road

Don't forget there is a reserved nation slot for EA Machaka. My guess is that when EA Machaka is being built, MA Machaka will receive some love at the same time .
Old April 18th, 2009, 04:58 PM

Sergeant

BandarLover is on a distinguished road

thank you guys for the replies. I did try a search in the forums but didn't find anything specific to MA MAchaka. Suppose I'll just wait patiently for the devs to get to it when they get to it.
Old April 18th, 2009, 07:16 PM

Private

Lurker_at_Threshold is on a distinguished road

Personally I think it would be cool to have Early Age Machaka be able to summon a litany of lesser gods, cumulating in with size 6 giant spiders and the lion headed titan pretenders which broader selection magic. Of course the problem with these lesser deities is that they often compete with the pretender for the affection of followers and would be saddled with varying levels of heresy depending on their power.

For late age, as a change of pace, it would be interesting to see Machaka as one of the few uncorrupted nations. I'd imagine that it would be historically based off of Mali and Songhai. The backstory could center around the Pretender vanquishing the Black Sorcerers from the god mountain and founding the great city of Timbuktu a haven for alchemists and philosophers. Tuareg light infantry would form the core of the nations military, its capital heroes would come preequiped with golden bracers of protection, and magic wise death would largely be replaced with astral.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lurker_at_Threshold For This Useful Post:
Old April 18th, 2009, 08:21 PM

Corporal

DaveCG is on a distinguished road

I suppose this is as good a place as any to ask, but what myths would you say inspired Machaka, I know in the book it says...er...can't remember atm, but it did say something about the phatom comics as well, I was hoping someone could point me towards a good book or site or something, being as everything for the EA mod I've done has been completely pulled out of the void that is my mind, and based around the two words "Lion Kings" in EA Machakas nation slot, not much to really go on...and I'd like to tie some real world myths in, could be fun.
Old April 19th, 2009, 09:18 AM

Lieutenant General

Aezeal is on a distinguished road

wait I'll give you a lil machaka love (it's lines and sprites from my in progress dom 3 K mod not polished for dom 3K even so certainly not for use in vanilla but you should try it.. you are welcome to use anything you like if you would like to expand on it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MA Machaka.zip (38.4 KB, 70 views)
In for a whole new sort of game? Then try my scenario map Gang Wars.
Old April 19th, 2009, 11:14 AM

General

NTJedi is on a distinguished road

Machaka really could use more balanced Province Defense. It's the reason my love for them faded.
Old April 19th, 2009, 01:31 PM

Private

Lurker_at_Threshold is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveCG View Post
I suppose this is as good a place as any to ask, but what myths would you say inspired Machaka, I know in the book it says...er...can't remember atm, but it did say something about the phatom comics as well, I was hoping someone could point me towards a good book or site or something, being as everything for the EA mod I've done has been completely pulled out of the void that is my mind, and based around the two words "Lion Kings" in EA Machakas nation slot, not much to really go on...and I'd like to tie some real world myths in, could be fun.
The epic of Sundiata would probably be your best bet. Historical king but with much legend thrown in, in terms of magic and such. I did however read an excellent hellboy story, Makoma, that had an african setting. Not sure if its based on solid mythology but it would be quite workable in game terms (Hellboy relives the exploits of a legendary hero, who overcomes and befriends the giants of the forest, mountain and river, defeats a fire demon, and a powerful necromancer before he is forced to fight an apocalyptic dragon and leave the world reborn in the wake of the combat.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lurker_at_Threshold For This Useful Post: