This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old July 25th, 2004, 02:50 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road
Default OMG, You\'ve gotta to read this to:

You have got to read this to believe it. If it were not for other sources, I would chalk this up to utter bull****.

Quote:
There's five stages to milking a cash cow. You can squeeze and get gold (the high point), milk (the good times), water (the dull spots), **** (the shark has been jumped), and blood (painful continuance). The "Star Trek" franchise passed blood somewhere around the turn of this century and yet the powers that be are still squeezing despite many ardent fans (including myself) lining up with shotguns to put the poor beast down whilst the good memories are still there.

Well you have to give credit to Rick Berman and co., they don't know the meaning of the word quit. Despite both external and internal pressure to haul their asses off the franchise, they're still speaking up about plans to do a 'prequel' movie and confirmed some new details to the latest Star Trek Communicator magazine which have since appeared over on Trekweb. Have those hatchets ready:

"Berman for the first time says that the eleventh STAR TREK film will be a prequel set before the time of 'James T. Kirk', but that it will not be related to the fifth television series "Enterprise"". Brannon Braga went onto say that why there'll be no mention of the Romulan Wars in "Enterprise" in its upcoming fourth season is that "there's also a prequel feature in development regarding the Romulan Wars, so we might have to stay away from that". The show instead will wrap up its 'Temporal Cold War' storyline and drop further hints about the founding of the Federation and the Eugenics War.

Thanks to 'Cailian', 'Gustavo' & 'Gareth'
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news04/040709c.php
http://trekweb.com/articles/2004/07/...7cc1a12b.shtml

Quote:
n his latest interview with the STAR TREK Communicator, STAR TREK producer Rick Berman elaborates on recent remarks about a "prequel" feature film in development. Berman for the first time says in the new article that the eleventh STAR TREK film will be a prequel set before the time of 'James T. Kirk', but that it will not be related to the fifth television series ENTERPRISE.

Berman's ENTERPRISE partner Brannon Braga let even more loose when discussing the fourth season of the show, according to an excerpt published at TrekToday.

"It's certainly one of the things that we've been discussing," Braga said when asked about future Romulan involvement in the prequel series. "But there's also a prequel feature in development regarding the Romulan Wars, so we might have to stay away from that."

Braga also reportedly says that the series' temporal cold war storyline may come to an end in the beginning of the new season.

"One thing we're discussing is possibly blowing the lid off the Temporal Cold War once and for all," according to the excerpts. "That's probably something we'll do in this first storyline. I can't say that for sure, because we're just getting into it. But I'd really like to resolve that and put a cap on it. It would be a nice thing to do after three seasons of teasing it along."

Apparently he also says that major "intersterllar events" that lead to the founding of the Federation may take place this year, and hinted at something involving the famed Eugenics Wars. -trekweb
I have said it before, and I will keep on saying it, a prequil movie idea will not float.
Old July 25th, 2004, 02:54 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OMG, You\'ve gotta to read this to:

Now after reading the info on this electedly STUPID star trek movie idea about a war on Romulus, well, all I can say is that it is STUPID Don't do it. It will break the back of the franchise for sure. It is so far out of the established historical realm that it is uber stupid to even be considering it. What a GD weasel BB, and RB are. They are the in it for the $$ and nothing more.
Old July 25th, 2004, 03:17 PM

Brigadier General

Raging Deadstar is on a distinguished road

Very few prequel movies have worked in sci-fi if you ask me. Star wars has failed badly on it, you'd think Trek would have took notice.

Babylon 5 did it exceptionally well with "In The Beginning"

I can't actually think of any others that have worked
Old July 26th, 2004, 10:40 PM

Sergeant

Narrew is on a distinguished road

Bleh, prequel...I just finished Robert Jordan's newest Wheel of Time book, that happens to be a prequel. I liked the book, clarified some things, but damn Robert, get on with the MAIN story!
Old July 27th, 2004, 01:58 AM

First Lieutenant

Azselendor is on a distinguished road

SPOILERS

NO READING BEYOND THIS POINT FOR SHOW SPOILER

The Eugenic Wars arc is related directly to Brent Spiner's appearance on Enterprise as the greet, great, great, great grand father of Noonien Soong. Apparently someone is gonna have fun playing god with a cloning vat or twenty.
Old July 27th, 2004, 06:23 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

narf poit chez BOOM is on a distinguished road

* Narf's eye's dribble down his face as his horrified screams ring off the walls.
Sig updated to remove non-working links.