This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old July 25th, 2004, 03:01 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road
Default OMG: The Revenge of the Sith

I sware to god that is the name of the third Star Wars movie. The Revenge of the Sith. www.starwars.com

Well at least it is better than Attack of the Cloans, but is so un-original that it is laughable.

Quote:
starwars.com is pleased to announce that Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith is the full title of the next Star Wars film, scheduled for release on May 19, 2005.
http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/...s20040724.html

[ July 25, 2004, 14:01: Message edited by: Atrocities ]
Old July 25th, 2004, 03:17 PM

Major General

Randallw is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OMG: The Revenge of the Sith

I think its good. Revenge of the Sith vs. Return of the Jedi, and RotJ was originally going to be Revenge of the Jedi till those in control realised Jedi don't seek revenge.
Old July 25th, 2004, 03:21 PM

Brigadier General

Raging Deadstar is on a distinguished road

Considering it have any of the Star Wars films titles been any good? A New Hope? Return of the Jedi? Empire Strikes Back?

The Phantom Menace was actually a good name considering, shame about the film though
Old July 26th, 2004, 06:06 AM

Lieutenant General

Kamog is on a distinguished road

May 19, 2005? Can't wait!
Old July 26th, 2004, 09:00 AM

General

dogscoff is on a distinguished road

I was as keen as anyone when ep 1 came out but I don't think I'll even bother with this one. I'm just not interested any more. I think the SW series has been pretty well ruined for me.
Old July 26th, 2004, 09:15 AM

Second Lieutenant

Paul1980au is on a distinguished road

Well its being filmed here in sydney so im guessing that i will at least go and see it.
Old July 26th, 2004, 12:23 PM

Sergeant

Yimboli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Raging Deadstar:
Considering it have any of the Star Wars films titles been any good? A New Hope? Return of the Jedi? Empire Strikes Back?

The Phantom Menace was actually a good name considering, shame about the film though
What was bad about phantom menace?
Old July 26th, 2004, 02:45 PM

Captain

sachmo is on a distinguished road

I'm sure I'll go see it. It's probably going to be a fun movie. But then again, I don't get offended by silly things. Seeing sci-fi on the big screen is treat enough for me.
Old July 26th, 2004, 02:53 PM

Major General

Randallw is on a distinguished road

I think there are a number of factors why some people who are fond of the OT dislike the new trilogy. They have fond memories of first seeing the OT, and it has reached such a level of fondness that they can't believe the new movies could be as good. Also GL makes the new movies how he has always wanted to with lots of effects. Had the effects been available with the OT he would have made different movies. Also the lack of effects in the originals meant more effort was put into the characters of the originals. People have their ideals of what a Star Wars movie should be and when they see something GL has put in for some reason that they disagree with then they feel the whole movie is a disaster. It seems GL's idea for Star Wars has never been the same as some peoples. I read the IMDB entry for Mark Hamill and he is quoted as saying he believes GL would prefer to make movies without any actors in them. That said, I am against Jar-Jar and the gungans who take away from the seriousness of PM. I think perhaps they are just to cater to children, not the grown ups who saw the originals. But, its GL's vision and as the man who invented it he is entitled to do what he wants. Star Wars is my favourite film and I will try to see it on the first day. Instead of criticising anything I feel may be wrong I'll just be glad to get a starwars film of any type, after all its not as if there will ever be any other Versions of it.
Old July 26th, 2004, 03:05 PM

General

dogscoff is on a distinguished road

Darth maul was cool, and all his fight scenes. Everything else sucked, imho. The pod race was blatantly inserted solely for marketting (IE Games industry) purposes, and Jar Jar Binks is a case for justifiable xenocide- that bit in the final battle where he turns perhaps the most eagerly anticiapted and expensive battle in cinema history (until Helm's Deep, anyway) into a poor Keystone Kops parody... *shudder* *sob*

They relied too heavily on the CGI and threw plot and suspension of disbelief out the window.

There might have been a few good lightsaber bits in AotC, can't really remember. All I really remember were the gaping plot holes and some crap about the force being controlled by general midi or something. that might have been the first one, I'm just not sure. It's taken several months of therapy and hypnosis to get even this much information past the mental blocks my traumatised mind threw around those films. Even Yoda's fight was blatantly ripped off from the classic Kermit vs Long John swashbuckle in "Muppet Treasure Island" (Don't believe me? Rent the film, then watch the two fight scenes back to back.)

So no, I'm not holding out much hope for the third film. Thanks Anhur for Peter Jackson, that's all I say.

/me heads down to blockbuster to rent Muppet Treasure Island, not to compare it to AotC, but just because it's a good film.

[ July 26, 2004, 14:09: Message edited by: dogscoff ]