.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old May 2nd, 2007, 01:45 PM

Private

VDS is on a distinguished road
Default A few more maps for y\'all

I enjoy making maps. I'll get an idea for a scenario, make the map, and then lose steam trying to create/balance the scenario. Then get distracted, have another idea, make another map, etc... So, after seeing Marcello's excellent map, I decided to submit a few of my own, in case somebody out there finds a use for them.

272 - A fictional port on the west coast of the African nation of Sao Tome and Principe. Medium, 90x90. Its a beach map allowing for amphibious assault. I had designed a scenario where Portugal intervenes after a coup. A small combined force of paras and marines is tasked with seizing the town and the hills around it so they can deny the enemy use of an important coastal road. Accidently overwrote it, cried like a wee girl, and never got around to rebuilding it.
Old May 2nd, 2007, 01:46 PM

Private

Default Re: A few more maps for y\'all

273 - A fictional "generic" mid-sized town in central Africa. Medium, 80x100. Designed to be a "para" map, standard "seize the airfield and secure the town" type scenario. The map is complete, still haven't gotten around to a final version for the scen.
Old May 2nd, 2007, 01:48 PM

Private

274 - A fictional island/port on the Nigerian coast with goofy oil facilities. Medium, 90x90. Designed with the idea of making a MEND vs Nigerian Army scenario in mind. The map is complete, still haven't gotten around to a final version for the scen.
Old May 2nd, 2007, 01:49 PM

Private

275 - A fictional mining complex/town in the Congo. Medium, 90x90. Designed to be a "para" map, with the paras landing in the center and having to split their forces to secure their objectives in time. The map is complete, still haven't gotten around to a final version for the scen.
Old May 2nd, 2007, 01:53 PM

Private

276 - A reasonably realistic map of Stanleyville/Kisangani in 1963. Medium, 50x110. I say reasonably because the sources I had to work with left quite a bit of guesswork. The scale is also modified to make it a bit more playable for a scenario I was designing, a historical Dragon Rouge. Getting this scen right is my SP holy grail. My dad was teaching at a university in Kinshasa when Dragon Rouge occured and remembers it well. He even knew a priest that was taken hostage by the Simbas (he survived, thankfully) and visited Stanleyville more than once, both before and after DR. So for him it was more than a historical footnote in the history of the Congo. I grew up with my dad telling me the story of Stanleyville and the tense atmosphere in the Congo after independence. I was born in Kinshasa a couple of years after DR but it remains somehow personal for me.

I really could use the help of an experienced designer and a few playtesters down the road if anyone is interested. I know Tom Deshetler created an excellent DR scen, but (with apologies to Tom, who seems to be a helluva good guy) the map and OOB he used are not historically accurate. I'm hoping that with a bit of help, I can make a scen that is as fun to play as Tom's but somewhat more true to history. This is not meant to replace Tom's scen, or make it "better", just an alternative design of the same battle. Like I said before, its personal.
Old May 2nd, 2007, 01:54 PM

Private

277 - A small European town situated around a river fork. Small, 60x60. Designed to be a small-scale "capture the bridges" type of scenario. The map is complete, still haven't gotten around to a final version for the scen.
Old May 2nd, 2007, 02:04 PM

Private

Default Re: A few more maps for y\'all *DELETED*

Post deleted by VDS
Old May 2nd, 2007, 08:40 PM

Private

Sorry, I had to delete all the files since they are not uploading properly due to some weird errors....
As soon as I figure out what the problem is I'll try again.
Old May 3rd, 2007, 11:27 AM

Private

These links to a free file hosting site should work...

If they don't please let me know!

Map 272 - Porto Neves, STP
http://www.mediafire.com/?6z2mtoify5w

Map 273 - African Town, Central Africa
http://www.mediafire.com/?aolwwhzzrww

Map 274 - Port Fortune, Nigeria
http://www.mediafire.com/?bfntohy0jto

Map 275 - Mumbashi Mines
http://www.mediafire.com/?6kmz0znyelm

Map 276 - Stanleyville-1963, Congo
http://www.mediafire.com/?c2nlizezi2u

Map 277 - Small River Town, Europe