.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Closed Thread

Old October 29th, 2010, 11:57 PM

Captain

earcaraxe is on a distinguished road
Default sub needed for team rand game preponderance2: Ma Man

Hi! we are looking for a permanent sub for ma man in the team rand (no diplomacy) game preponderance2. Little better than middle of the pack standings, research nearing end, very healthy military state, very cooperative teammate. Everything is possible yet in regards of winning. PM if interested.

note: its not a breaching of the rules of a "rand", since i will sub out anyway, and in the according thread there is only my previous partner's name (the list didnt get upgraded).

thanks!
Old October 30th, 2010, 10:44 AM

First Lieutenant

13lackGu4rd is on a distinguished road
Default Re: sub needed for team rand game preponderance2: Ma Man

yes, it actually is a violation of the rules. there is a reason why there is a non player admin to RAND games. subs are going through the admin, so the other players don't know who subbed in for who, hence the game keeps being anonymous.

moreover, I've turned down your sub request when we talked in private, you even tried going through a 3rd party and I still turned you down. I will not change the email address to someone else just because you've posted a thread for it now. if you still have a problem with my position than talk to me about it, don't do things behind my back, as it only pisses me off more and more and won't help you anyway, cause it is I who needs to do the actual subbing.

to the rest of you, disregard this thread please. if any mod comes by here, please close this thread.
Old November 8th, 2010, 05:09 AM

Captain

it is not a violation of the rules as i wrote in my forst post, it seems u didnt understand it, try reading it again. Yes i was playing with ma man, but now i dont do it (hence it is not a violation), ma man is staling thanks to preventing me to get a sub. (and im not giving away my partner since his name is listed wrongly in the thread)

Its not going behind ur back since i was playing with open cards. I think it has more to do with u being upset because i dont behave like u would like me to.
Old November 11th, 2010, 05:17 AM

BANNED USER

Calahan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by earcaraxe View Post
it is not a violation of the rules
Try learning to read, as you are in violation of all the following rules of the game.

(taken from the OP of the Preponderance 2 game)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeldor View Post
No cheating!![i], this includes:

- giving up without fight
- staling
- revealing your or anyones ID in this game
The admin of the game decides when a player's ID is revealed, and NOT the player. And this rule applies even after you have left the game. As simply knowing which nation you were playing compromises the ID's of all the other players in the game, as now everyone knows at least one more nation which other players can't be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earcaraxe View Post
ma man is staling thanks to preventing me to get a sub.
Ha ha lol, that's a good one, as it seems to everyone else in the game that the only reason Man is staling is because you bailed on the game, and with it the commitments you made to the game and all the other players when you signed up for it.

So stop trying to blame the admin for the problems you are causing by bailing on the game for no good reason. And it seems in much the same way you bailed on the Pyrite game for no good reason as well. I guess you must only enjoy playing Dominions when you can sneak into newb games and steamroller those players still trying to learn the basics of the game.

If you expect to keep playing in MP games, then you need to learn some respect for the other players you play with, and honour the commitments you make when you sign up for a game. As bailing on games like you are for BS reasons such as being bored or losing interest, will quickly leave you with no games to play in. As games don't end the moment you stop having your fun.

Oh, and please consider yourself black-listed from all future games I either admin or organise. Since I only want players who honour their sign-up commitments, and not douche-bag players who only play until they've had their fun, or walk away from a game the moment they realise the are not going to win it, and so join a new game they might win, rather than honour the commitments they made to their current game(s).
Old November 11th, 2010, 10:06 AM

Captain

U can interpret it as u like. It seems to me u (calahan and BG) prefer explanations that lead to the strengthening of the conclusion that other people are morally or intellectually of lower stature than yourselves.

It was BG who provoked this conflict and prevented other solutions, so now have fun with it.
Old November 11th, 2010, 10:27 AM

First Lieutenant

13lackGu4rd is on a distinguished road

this has nothing to do with intellect nor moral. however, the fact that you think it has anything to do with those says quite a lot about you on its own... it has to do with sticking to your commitments, that's all there really is to it. say you sign a check, the bank will take the money away from your account, and there's nothing you can do about it because you signed it, so it's legit. though this isn't real life and we're not your bank, the same principles should still apply, and this is what you fail to understand.

this failure of yours is a very childish attitude, which is not welcome and accepted around here. thus you're alienating yourself. you than continue to do so by posting your "side of the story" and bashing us for sticking to such basic principles as living up to your commitments.
Closed Thread