.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old November 17th, 2010, 02:04 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Amhazair is on a distinguished road
Default Sub found for powerful EA Ermor in TroublingTimes

Sub Found

Unfortunately our Ermor player has disappeared without giving a sign of life, so we're looking for someone willing to replace him.

We're currently at turn 53, so endgame has come calling, and Ermor is currently the largest, (I estimate roughly 70 provinces- graphs are off, so this comes from scouting info and thus might be slightly inaccurate.) and quite possibly the most powerful nation in the game. This is the ideal opportunity for those willing to kick about with a myriad of late-game options on a large map. Massive communions, Tartarians, the EDM summons, all should be at your disposal. (I admit, I haven't seen any Tartaraians yet, but if there aren't any right now at least it should be easy to procure them.)

Game thread is here: http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=46000

Last edited by Amhazair; November 27th, 2010 at 03:25 PM..
Old November 17th, 2010, 02:08 PM

Sergeant

PriestyMan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sub needed for powerful EA Ermor in TroublingTimes

Dont delude them! marverni is the strongest by far. amhaizer is just being deceptively humble :P
Old November 19th, 2010, 02:14 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

I'll be bumping this due to lack of intrest so far. Take a look people. A perfectly solid lategame position, largest nation in the game, secure corner of the map position, at war only with a much smaller Pangaea. How often do you get offered a plum position like this? It might be slightly compromised due to two recent stales, but my scouting coverage over his war with Pangaea is quite extensive, and I didn't notice any lost battls, so hopefully this hasn't hurt too much. (Suuure, there's a little work involved in managing such an empire, and it's prospects for growth, but hey, what would life be without a challenge?)

And to reply to Priestyman: I have to say I'm seldom been called humble before. You will notice though that I used the word might when describing Ermors position in the power curve. The other candidate there would indeed be me. (I am certain he's a bit larger and has been the entire game, but gem income and research are a bit harder to judge with graphs off.)
Old November 25th, 2010, 04:25 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

And yet anoter bump. Seems this whole finding a sub gig is quite hard, really. Luckily for me, we've - and with we I mean Zeldor - found someone potentially willing to help out and sub, but he'll only have the time once his current game ends. Which should be relatively quick, but still leaves us in a lurch at this exact moment in time.

So I'm appealing to everyone's patriotic spirit (Honestly, stepping up now will karmically help your country, I swear...) here to sub in for a little while (proably not much more than half a dozen turns.) untill our future permanent sub can step in.

While honestly, seeing Ermors importance in this game, I would prefer a top-notch player we all know that if wishes were horses... and I really think this could be an intresting experience for players with limited end-game experience: you get to play around with all the end-game options of a large nations, but, since you're only at war with a much smaller player, chances are you won't totally screw up the position, leaving it in a healthy state for future takeover.

If this sounds appealing, don't hesitate to call 911. Or PM me.

(Note that if anyone prefers to fill in permanently, that remains an option. Anything to get our game running again will leave me indebted. (And weeping in relief.)
Old November 25th, 2010, 05:44 PM

Major General

Executor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (Temporary or permanent) Sub needed for powerful EA Ermor in TroublingTimes

Well I'd offer to sub myself, temp, last stand, perm or whatever, however I fear it would not be very appropriate giving my current position in the game.
You can keep me as a last of the last resorts if you'd like...