ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old May 21st, 2011, 03:07 PM

Private

GBeas62 is on a distinguished road
Question Missing KV series Icons in soviet OOB,Encyclopedia

I appreciate the constant updates to this fun game,Thanks for keeping it Viable and fun entertainment,Im Playing as the soviet Player against Germany May/41 the Kv series of soviet Heavy tanks Icons dont show up on the Field of Battle or in the Encyclopedia,(but they are there i know because I can fire at OPFOR units ,and they(The KV-1 series) can and do take damage from air attack and other OPFOR Firefused)they are just invisible to me )Im playing on win xp,the game is patched to 4.25,Am I missing somthing here?in addition to my missing Icons ? or is this something that got missed in the latest patch?everything else I use in the Game works just fine.
Old May 21st, 2011, 07:58 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,872 Times in 1,220 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Missing KV series Icons in soviet OOB,Encyclopedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBeas62 View Post
I appreciate the constant updates to this fun game,Thanks for keeping it Viable and fun entertainment,Im Playing as the soviet Player against Germany May/41 the Kv series of soviet Heavy tanks Icons dont show up on the Field of Battle or in the Encyclopedia,(but they are there i know because I can fire at OPFOR units ,and they(The KV-1 series) can and do take damage from air attack and other OPFOR Firefused)they are just invisible to me )Im playing on win xp,the game is patched to 4.25,Am I missing somthing here?in addition to my missing Icons ? or is this something that got missed in the latest patch?everything else I use in the Game works just fine.
I just checked, and of course they function perfectly well at that point in time.

I'll assume that you have not installed any third-party graphics or OOB mods. (If you have - then talk to whoever supplied those, as it is not our problem).

My guess is that you have not applied all the game patches, in sequence. Reinstall the game from scratch, and apply each and every patch in the correct order.

Also, just in case, before doing the re-installation, I would do a full hard disk check using the normal Windows utilities, to check for bad sectors on your drive, lost clusters etc. A bad sector on your drive may well have corrupted a file (one of the SHP files that has the KV series).

Cheers
Andy
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post:
Old May 22nd, 2011, 09:04 AM

Captain

Cross is on a distinguished road

There was another report of missing KVs at the Blitz here:

http://www.theblitz.org/message_boar....php?tid=58773

I assume this is a different person as he appears to be from Poland, and the poster on this thread from Redlands, CA.

That said my KVs show up fine in MobHack, in my 'vanilla' install and my modded install.

Talking of OOB, there appears to be a problem with units 496, 497 and 498 in the British OOB. They show up with no nationality, and the wrong uniform colour.
This exists in my 'vanilla' install of SP and my modded version. There was no problem with them in version 4.25

Cross
Old May 22nd, 2011, 09:34 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,499 Times in 2,715 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cross View Post

Talking of OOB, there appears to be a problem with units 496, 497 and 498 in the British OOB. They show up with no nationality, and the wrong uniform colour.
This exists in my 'vanilla' install of SP and my modded version. There was no problem with them in version 4.25

Cross

Given that they have been re-nationalized since windows v1 in 2006 I find it somewhat odd you would say there was "no problem with them in version 4.25"

Re-nationalized units do not show up for purchase in the game so where exactly are you seeing them ? Are they showing up like that in a scenario someplace ?

Don
Old May 22nd, 2011, 12:14 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,872 Times in 1,220 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cross View Post
There was another report of missing KVs at the Blitz here:

http://www.theblitz.org/message_boar....php?tid=58773

I assume this is a different person as he appears to be from Poland, and the poster on this thread from Redlands, CA.

That said my KVs show up fine in MobHack, in my 'vanilla' install and my modded install.

Cross
Renationalised units are deleted items.

Just not nuked (yet), on the off-chance some scenario uses them, without having to troll all the scenarios looking for them. Which may happen late, if the number of slots gets tight.

As to missing KVs - the problem will be a missing SHP file, either due to the user not installing the patches correctly, or hard disk corruption. In the case of Windows Vista/Seven (not the OP above - but may apply to your other forum user?) then very likely to be those operating systems squirrelling the updates away in weird places that Vista/seven thinks is best, rather than where the game wants them to be. That is, if the windows seven/vista user has not followed the recommendations given in the instructions, and in the appropriate seven/vista sticky thread at the top of this forum, and installed to the /program files/ hierarchy - which does not tend to work well with programs designed before windows vista and are so allergic to the vista/seven "managed folders" concept. Especially if that person installed patches with different logins (user and administrator, say) on different occasions - vista/seven file mangling will then have some files under entirely different trees of the appropriate /user/ directories. And seven/vista will save games under the different /user/ profiles depending on what you log in as today, which again can cause confusion. So - avoid the "mangled" /program files/ folder, as outlined in the sticky, and all files will be stored in the correct place without Seven/vista being "helpful" in its own particularly brain-dead manner.

So if your other forum's guy from Poland has downgraded from XP to Vista/Seven then point him at the sticky thread on Vista/Seven installation at the top of this forum, and that should solve his problem. (

Assuming it is not a result of corrupt SHP file - check the disk, and if errors are reported (especially corrupt sectors, if you do a surface check) then its best to reinstall from scratch since everything in that area of the H/D is suspect then.

Cheers
Andy
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post:
Old May 22nd, 2011, 01:02 PM

Captain

Cross is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Given that they have been re-nationalized since windows v1 in 2006 I find it somewhat odd you would say there was "no problem with them in version 4.25"

Re-nationalized units do not show up for purchase in the game so where exactly are you seeing them ? Are they showing up like that in a scenario someplace ?

Don
I happen to have an old hard drive with version 4.25, so I checked and you are right that they are in version 4.25 just as you said.

I went through all the British infantry OOB last year changing ammo loadouts, and didn't notice the re-nationlized units. Sorry, my mistake.

Cross