The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Press Releases > winSPMBT

Old April 12th, 2021, 05:09 AM

Major

Tim Brooks is on a distinguished road
Post Bravo Zulu! The 2021 winSPWW2 and winSPMBT Upgrade Patches are In!
Press Release Teaser: This is a Must Have!   

Bravo Zulu! The 2021 winSPWW2 and winSPMBT Upgrade Patches are In!
This is a Must Have!

Wilmington, NC, 12 April 2021

Another Year of Upgrades, Fixes and Additions have arrived.

First, DO NOT apply the upgrade patches while in the midst of a secure PBEM game as the game will fail. The 2021 winSPWW2 v 9.0 - v. 14.0 consolidation patch will upgrade v. 9.0 or above to v. 14.0 and the 2021 winSPMBT v. 10.0 - v 15.0 patch will upgrade v. 10.0 and up to v.15.0.

Available for immediate download, these two patches are loaded, fully loaded. So, let's take a look at what the great guys at Camo Workshop have added...

winSPMBT, upgraded to version 15.0 includes:
  • 2 New Scenarios
  • 32 Revised/Updated Scenarios
  • 1 New Campaign
  • 2 Revised/Updated Campaigns
  • 26 New or Revised Map files
  • 77 New or Revised OOB Photos
  • 47 New or Revised vehicle/aircraft Icons
  • 93 Updated OOB Files
  • 15 New or Revised Icon files
  • 104 New or Revised Text files
And winSPWW2, upgraded to version 14.0 has:
  • 9 New Scenarios
  • 86 Revised/Updated Scenarios
  • 7 New/Updated Campaigns
  • 9 Revised Campaigns due to OOB changes
  • 1 New map
  • 261 New or Revised OOB Photos
  • 36 Updated OOB files
  • 46 New or Updated Graphic SHP files
  • 504 New or Revised vehicle/aircraft Icons
  • 353 New or Revised Encyclopaedia/Help Text files
  • 3 New/Revised sound files

1. The mission types were being reported incorrectly in winSPWW2 Scenhack Sort / SQL. This has been corrected.

2. Some new flags have been added to customise scenarios Extended game version only:
* Entering 17 will give you the flag of WW2 era Iraq
* Entering 25 will give you the flag of WW2 era Iran
* Entering 97 will get you the flag of Denmark
* Entering 98 will get you the flag of Estonia
* Entering 99 will get you the flag of Lithuania

For both games:

1. For scenario design and editing there is one improvement and one addition:
* When editing weapons data in the game editor for any of the four weapons a unit uses, the weapon number of the current weapon now appears when you click on the weapon button. Anyone who has tried to edit weapons data in a scenario in the past will know how much simpler this makes the whole process as in the past the only way to know what weapon # was used was to check the unit in MOBHack and it slowed or discouraged that kind of editing which was normally used to adjust the ammo count. The entire process is much simpler now.
* The Sound used by the weapon is now the final item shown. It would be rare to use it but it is now available and the existing sound # will show when you get to it. You will need to have knowledge of the existing sounds in the game however.

2. Assault boats would sometimes show as burning wrecks. This has been corrected. They will be removed from the game map when destroyed as was SOP in the past.

3. The unit name is now reported in the casualty message - this is handy to know which unit actually got hit in collateral damage situations.

4. Armoured cars that were capable of carrying passengers inside will now protect passengers in the same was an APC does. Previously the code considered them to be outside on the hull.

5. There is now a 250 limit on changing the height and density of a Hex but they still cannot exceed the normal limits already in the game.

6. Some changes to Engineering units:
* The text for mine clearance (second number) has been changed to (X remaining).
* Defending engineer infantry will now only clear mines, barbed wire and dragons teeth if they physically enter the hex containing them in order to allow defending engineers to sit just behind the defences without clearing their own defences. It has been a small anoyance for years that if you placed your own engineers just behind your defences they would start clearing them. They still can but when in the defence but now Enginners must enter a mined / Barbed wire/ dragons teeth hex to dismantle their own defences. In the defence they can no longer do that from one hex away.

7. Aircraft occasionally would enter the map, make their attack run then do an instant 180 and leave the way they arrived. This has been corrected.

8. Passengers will now report "CARRIED BY: "..... normally this is obvious. They are in the vehicle carrying them but occasionally legacy scenarios would have ghost / doppelganger units and this allows those of us that fix these things the ability to know where they are supposed to be and when put into the transport that is already carrying their twins, cease being a ghost unit.

9. Occasionally on very small maps the game would place V hexes on grey border hexes that neither side could take. This has been corrected.

10. Pressing K was reported in the Help file as a way to turn ID tags on and off quickly. This function did not work but now does. It's very useful for someone who may not like to play with ID tags on all the time but finds it useful for finding stray units. Now pressing K will turn on the ID tags when they are off and off when they are on when the game is being played. K does not work during deployment.

11. The name of unit that has suffered casualties has been added to the message that appears on the bottom of the screen. It will now read...." Infantry Group - Suffers X casualties (Y)" with X being the number taken now and Y being the accumulated total.

You can download the upgrades here:

winSPMBT Version 15.0 Upgrade Download Link: http://www.shrapnelgames.com/Camo_Wo.../MBT_page.html

winSPWW2 Version 14.0 Upgrade Download Link: http://www.shrapnelgames.com/Camo_Wo.../WW2_page.html

Both winSPWW2 and winSPMBT are available as fully featured FREE downloads. But the Enhanced Editions (Download only) are not different in the core gameplay, but provide a lot of extra bells and whistles for the Steel Panthers enthusiast. Both games work with even the latest version of Windows. Please Note: If you purchase the Enhanced Versions today (or going forward), you will get the latest versions and there is no need to patch these versions.

Be sure to visit www.shrapnelgames.com for more great games!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tim Brooks For This Useful Post:
Old April 17th, 2021, 01:02 AM

Sergeant

troopie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bravo Zulu! The 2021 winSPWW2 and winSPMBT Upgrade Patches are In!

Got 'em oke.

troopie
Old December 9th, 2021, 10:49 PM

Private

TokyoDan is on a distinguished road

I just downloaded and installed the free version and updated to v15.
I am thinking of buying the full/paid/enhanced version, but running it in windowed mode at 800x600 is the size of a postage stamp on my 2560x1440 monitor. I can't read anything and the icons are so small that they are indistinguishable.

NOTE: I don't want to run at full screen because I have a lot of shortcuts on my desktop arranged in a specific order and when I run such a low-res game it messes up the positions of my specially arranged shortcuts.

Anyway I see that the paid/enhanced version has a higher resolution (1600x1200) so I am wondering how that will look on my monitor. Will icons and text be bigger. Or do I have to un it at full screen (see Note) to get things to a size where everything is readable and distinguishable?

Are there any screenshot examples that I can see before I buy?
Old December 9th, 2021, 11:31 PM

First Lieutenant

zovs66 is on a distinguished road

Yes, everything will be bigger, I have two mods I run in, but it’s late night, I can post some pics tomorrow, but if you search for posts from me, you should find some images I have post on my wide 4K monitor.
Old December 9th, 2021, 11:36 PM

First Lieutenant

See post 6:

https://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=52469

I’ll post some tomorrow.
Old December 10th, 2021, 02:50 AM

Private

Thank you ASL!
The Following User Says Thank You to TokyoDan For This Useful Post:
Old December 10th, 2021, 02:53 AM

Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by zovs66 View Post
See post 6:

https://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=52469

I’ll post some tomorrow.
Thank you ZOVS66!
The Following User Says Thank You to TokyoDan For This Useful Post:
Old December 10th, 2021, 05:52 PM

First Lieutenant

Sorry got got up with work and life will try on Monday.