View Single Post
Old June 3rd, 2008, 02:04 AM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Legendary Cruelty?

The truly rare abilities are
  • Awesome Presence (awe + leadership)
  • Legendary Cruelty (fear + greater chance to cause afflictions)
  • Battle Bellow (fear)
  • Adept Researcher
  • Undead General

Some of the more commonly seen ones:
  • Valor
  • Heroic Battle Prowess (attack)
  • Heroic Strength
  • Lightning Reflexes (defense)
  • Heroic Precision
  • Tough Skin (protection)
  • Unequaled Obesity (strength + hitpoints + extra encumbrance)

Uncommon
  • Heroic toughness (hitpoints)
  • Heroic Endurance (reinvigoration)
  • Heroic Agility (battle prowess + lightning reflexes + ambidexterity)
  • Heroic Quickness (action points)

These are all based on what I have seen personally. In a large SP or cooperative hotseat game I consistently see all of the common and uncommon ones, with Heroic Toughness being the rarest of that lot. I see one of the rare ones in maybe 1 game out of 5 if I'm lucky. In the current cooperative hotseat game I'm playing with Kaljamaha, I have two units with the Tough Skin perk and they both have base prot around 11 or 12 (starting from 0).

Some of the more memorable heroes I have had:
  • The Abysian Newt with Adept Researcher and research around 34 points per turn. My Great Warlock pretender got thoroughly schooled in the research department, he was lagging over 10 points behind easily.
  • an Ulmish wolfherd (in Dom2) who had Awe(+10) by the time that SP game was done
  • A Raksharaja in one of my games got Heroic Toughness and he was absolutely ridiculous, with well past 100 hitpoints
  • This one is Kaljamaha's, a Raksharaja with Heroic Quickness and action points going past 40. Once he's done buffing, his boots of quickness take him on a rampage through the battlefield, leaving corpses in his wake.