.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old December 28th, 2006, 04:00 PM

Private

jamesmcm is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bug thread

Hey,
I just updated to latest patch and now whenever i finish my turn (on single-player or multi-player) the game closes down and i get a "nagot gik fel" error message.
Old December 28th, 2006, 05:22 PM

Sergeant

Dragonlord is on a distinguished road

HI, am trying to do same as you mentioned here for the Parganos map, but am new to GIMP. How do i bring up the screen with the levels and alpha stuff ?
Thanks in advance
Old December 29th, 2006, 10:56 PM

Major

Hadrian_II is on a distinguished road

[img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Bug.gif[/img] Sirrush dont get Armor bonus from Earth 9 Bless

Im playing as Arco, and my Sirrushes dont get the +4 armor from the E9 bless as they should. (i dont know if this is already reported, but i had no interest to read 40 pages of bugs :/)
Old December 30th, 2006, 04:47 AM

Major General

Arralen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hadrian_II said:
[img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Bug.gif[/img] Sirrush dont get Armor bonus from Earth 9 Bless
.. my Sirrushes dont get the +4 armor from the E9 bless as they should. (i dont know if this is already reported, but i had no interest to read 40 pages of bugs :/)
You better use the search function next time - E9 bless is supposed to work on armor, not natural protection. As a Sirrush does not wear armor, it does not get a benefit.

Yeah, it doesn't make sense to me as well - especially, as "Flaming Weapon" works on hooves and claws very well...
Old December 30th, 2006, 10:20 AM

Private

GrobRIM is on a distinguished road

Demons are affected by darkness

Description of spell Darkness says that "Undead, Demons and blind beings are unaffected".
But when storming an Agarthan cave, spell Darkness is up, and my Lanka demons do severely suffer from it.
Old December 30th, 2006, 12:03 PM

Private

TruePurple is on a distinguished road
Default Demo bug, win98se

Demo issue but I'd thought I'd report it since someone told me the real game only has more, the basic stuff hadn't changed mostly.

When I load up the game and click on anything it minimizes. When ever the game is minimized I have to tell it to maximize via alt tab etc twice. Then when it comes back up the graphics are all screwy and things move slow. So I have to go into options and switch to a different resolution and back to the one I want. Then everything works.

But thats alot of work to load the game (and each action takes some time of waiting for it to process so it takes some time as well) and means I cant switch over from the game and back without even more hassle.
Old December 30th, 2006, 01:21 PM

Private

king_of_clouds is on a distinguished road

Bug: Map displays as white on windows 98
I don't know if this is a bug or just my comp. But in win 98 with voodoo3 display card the whole map displays in white.
Old December 30th, 2006, 07:10 PM

Captain

LDiCesare is on a distinguished road

[img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Bug.gif[/img] Bug: Holes in caves spoil fights
As PhilD said above (#480965 - 12/19/06 05:51 PM), but doesn't occur only in DoD map (West Dripping Cavern) but also in Agarthan forts (capital):
5 giants began the battle in a hole (trench) in front of the castle. When all of Niefelheim armies were routed, these 5 stayed there (couldn't move out). This resulted in two unpleasant things:
1) 75 turns of battle that the host had to wait through
2) Collateral damage as melee units neared the trench, couldn't fight the opponents inside and got hurt by blade wind while the regenerating Niefel giant inside was healing every wound he took.
I actually lost far more troops to collateral damage because of that stupid giant stuck in a hole than I did in the actual battle.
Old December 30th, 2006, 10:46 PM

Corporal

1000yd_stare is on a distinguished road

Bug: Repeated hanging during the AI thinking phase. After the first time, i took out the .2h and .trn, giving me a stale turn. I gave orders for the next turn, and it hung again.

I strongly believe its because of my imprisoned pretender showing up the turn that it began to hang (ie, it showed up, I gave orders, hit end turn, and it hung.

Late era Ryleh, with Void Lurker (underwater tree).

EDIT: I found another post by someone who said the game hangs when they cast dreams of ryleh at a prov with only undead in it. This sounds like my possible problem as well; i had been trying out that spell vs ermor ai.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 483315-late_ryleh.zip (81.3 KB, 106 views)
Old December 30th, 2006, 11:55 PM

Corporal

Nightblade is on a distinguished road

Recently i had a game on Silent Seas in the late age with 2 AI (one was Atlantis and i don't remember the other) and me being R'lyeh with the Void Lord as a pretender.
To get more room to breath as i am not very experienced yet, i set all independants power to 8.

After lots of turns, as the 2nd AI was eliminated by Atlantis, i decided, after mastering the seas, to invade the main land with my troops.

After some turns i think it was touching the end as i was cornering Atlantis, suddenly the game hang during a battle resolution calculation during the turn loading (no idea if it was a battle between my troops and Atlantis and some independants agaisnt Atlantis or me), i had killed the sdl_app process to exit.

Before this turn i didn't bought anything different in my armies, so i really don't know why the game hanged there and not before.

Very often the prophet was renamed, as there were a lot of insane commanders in my citadels (as insane units often select a command randomly instead of always doing what i set them to, i noticed a lot of them , when uncontrollable had the "Call God" command)

EDIT : i forgot to add that after killing the hanging application , i was able to restart Dominions 3 and load the last turn i was playing with that specific setup, and despite doing exactly the same moves and battles in that turn it played normally and i was able to finish the game lot of turns after this.

That's why i was a bit puzzled , as the game freezing problem during the battle resolution between the turns was not reproduced.