.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old November 3rd, 2008, 11:04 PM

Lieutenant General

Aezeal is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dominions 3000 v0.65 6 races total now.. Commonwealth latest addition

hey Rdonj did you see that too? the orc leaders not evolving into mages? I thaught that was workign pretty well.
In for a whole new sort of game? Then try my scenario map Gang Wars.
Old November 4th, 2008, 04:52 AM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dominions 3000 v0.65 6 races total now.. Commonwealth latest addition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwind View Post
How is it not much of an option? Wouldn't
Code:
#selectspell "spellname"
#clear
#end
remove the spell (or at least render it useless)? The only thing this doesn't work on I think is globals, of which there aren't many. The only problem I see is that it would take a while to go through all of the spells and remove them.

There's a command for removing spells. I think it was #researchleven -1. There are those mods Kristoffer made that disable all spells above level 4, and those would be a good starting place if you wanted to.

Bigger problem is having enough spells to keep research meaningful and to still have stuff for mages to do.
Old November 4th, 2008, 08:45 AM

Lieutenant General

yes you are right of course.. but I really do think most spells are still usable for this mod.. mages are not removed and they work the same.

would be good to remove some summons maybe.. but still a thing for later.

PS endo could I entice you to play the mod and give feedback?
Old November 4th, 2008, 11:16 AM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road

Ork Prentices don't seem to have magic for me, and tinkers keep the 1e they start with.
Old November 4th, 2008, 04:49 PM

Lieutenant General

let me look now

hmmm I was pretty sure this worked before... but I'll be the first to admit it doesn't now... maybe it never did but that would be somewhat strange, the race wouldn't really have been playable and I didn't get that much complaints.

I guess I'll solve it like amos did.. doesn't change anything from what it should be.

I've also added the dragons from the other mod again (which where "optimized" there)

I'm going to read back a bit and then if there where no other to do things (I think I already did everything) I'll post a new version.

Last edited by Aezeal; November 4th, 2008 at 05:09 PM..
Old November 4th, 2008, 05:17 PM

Lieutenant General

hmmm the random magic doesn't work either... will need to think something for that too
'
Since this thread is getting some reactions I'll wait 1-2 days to get more needed changes before I put out the next version with the dragons and with the adjusted orc mages.

Last edited by Aezeal; November 4th, 2008 at 05:30 PM..
Old November 5th, 2008, 01:31 AM

General

HoneyBadger is on a distinguished road

You guys are doing a great job keeping this alive-especially you Aezeal. I'm surprised and pleased to see so much getting accomplished, and I just want to commend you. I can't test it out at the moment, but I'm very much looking forward to doing so, sometime in the future.

Keep up the good work!
Old November 5th, 2008, 03:34 AM

Lieutenant General

You where gonna work on your nation for dom 3 K next right?
Old November 5th, 2008, 03:59 AM

General

HoneyBadger is on a distinguished road

Yep, and things are progressing. The graphics are a huge challenge, but it's a lot of fun to work on non-human units. Right now I'm studying Ammonite fossils, so that I can do the fossilized ammonite unit. I haven't decided whether I want to adapt an existing sprite, or create one from scratch.

The Squicks will be based on the Mi-Go, by the way, and I know pretty much how I want them to look like, so they may end up getting done all together, one morning when I'm feeling active.

I've got enough Nations right now that it's preventing me from getting very burned out on any one idea, which, although there's a huge amount to do, actually keeps me progressing faster, overall, so if you notice me giving more attention to another Nation at a particular time, don't worry that it means I'm not working on Aboleths, I'm just doing everything as an overarching project, rather than concentrating on any one thing at any given time--but my focus is definitely concentrated on Aboleths.

You should probably expect atleast one new graphic for the Nation every week, that's what I'm aiming for, but-believe it or not-I'm a really low energy person, especially this time of year, so I have to kind of work around my physical and mental/emotional limitations.
Old November 5th, 2008, 04:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

Darkwind is on a distinguished road

More bugs--it's "Enslave Mind", not "Enslave Minds". Also, "Life Drain" doesn't seem to show up on the Elder Brain, so I guess that's not a weapon too. The Elder Brains are showing up with no attack, which is bad.