The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old January 17th, 2007, 02:47 PM

Captain

Marcello is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WinSPMBTver3.0 Info

"All HE ammo has been removed from RPG type weapons that had them added in to simulate the change mentioned above. This fixes the problem of two man AT teams carrying 10 or 12 ( or more ) RPG rounds. Typically now they carry
half what they did before."

I would note however that the RPG-7 has some dedicated HE rounds,like the OG-7V, which have seen battlefield use.
Still I would say that giving antipersonnel capability to HEAT is a godsend which saves many headaches.
Old January 17th, 2007, 07:42 PM

Sergeant

RVPERTVS is on a distinguished road

Thanks Andy I see the difference now, however Iīm still wondering if thereīs any difference in a vision value of 40, I mean, I understand that a 40 means TI, could the same value model GSR equipment as well? or in v3 the PRP-2īs vision value is going to be reduced? is that the solution?

Regards
Robert
Old January 17th, 2007, 09:35 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,873 Times in 1,221 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

vision of 40 or more can represet radar or TI - in SP game terms effectivey the same thing. It sees through smoke. That is why the colour changes and TI/GSR is shown in mobhack for any such vision of 40 or more.

PRP has 40, for an earlier radar, and PRP-2 has 50 presumably for a better/more advanced model.

Cheers
Andy
Old January 17th, 2007, 09:43 PM

Sergeant

RVPERTVS is on a distinguished road

Thanks a lot Andy! So this means the ruskies arenīt going to be stripped of level 40 vision (prior to 90īs) after all. Sweet!

Regards
Robert
Old January 18th, 2007, 08:51 AM

Captain

PlasmaKrab is on a distinguished road

Pardon for being a nitpick, but what about the BRMs? AFAIK even the early BRM-1K mounts a Tall Mike (PSNR-5) GSR, and that one dates back to 1976.
Right now all the pre-1990 BRMs in the Russian OOB have a vision of 30.
Old January 18th, 2007, 09:13 AM

Corporal

mr_clark is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Marcello said:
"All HE ammo has been removed from RPG type weapons that had them added in to simulate the change mentioned above. This fixes the problem of two man AT teams carrying 10 or 12 ( or more ) RPG rounds. Typically now they carry
half what they did before."

I would note however that the RPG-7 has some dedicated HE rounds,like the OG-7V, which have seen battlefield use.
Still I would say that giving antipersonnel capability to HEAT is a godsend which saves many headaches.
Interesting point, IMHO. The same basic launchers are usable for different ammo. If I understood correctly that in 3.0 there will be dedicated AT/AP teams then I don't really think thats a good idea. Or will the RPG teams now feature two weapon slots featuring fewer ammo for both warheads?
Old January 18th, 2007, 12:32 PM

Captain

thatguy96 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
PlasmaKrab said:
Pardon for being a nitpick, but what about the BRMs? AFAIK even the early BRM-1K mounts a Tall Mike (PSNR-5) GSR, and that one dates back to 1976.
Right now all the pre-1990 BRMs in the Russian OOB have a vision of 30.
Yeah, I have similar questions, because various US Armored Cavalry HQ elements had access to M113s with first generation GSR, in this case the PPS-5/A. While I know its a design decision at heart, I don't think I'd mind a more expanded basic vision rubric as already exists in the MobHack help file.
Old January 18th, 2007, 02:52 PM

Major

Marek_Tucan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
mr_clark said:
Interesting point, IMHO. The same basic launchers are usable for different ammo. If I understood correctly that in 3.0 there will be dedicated AT/AP teams then I don't really think thats a good idea. Or will the RPG teams now feature two weapon slots featuring fewer ammo for both warheads?
From what I gather the HEAT warheads for RPG's are by far more frequent on the battlefields and the HE rockets are being issued rather in specific circumstances when the RPG's etc. act rather like sorta pack artillery, for example in Afghanistan.
Old January 18th, 2007, 05:36 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,525 Times in 2,727 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
RVPERTVS said:
Thanks a lot Andy! So this means the ruskies arenīt going to be stripped of level 40 vision (prior to 90īs) after all. Sweet!

Regards
Robert
WE never said they were going to be stripped out but that's how it got spun out of control. The HINDS prior to 1990 were the real issue. The ACRV-2 and PRP-2 and PRP-3 FO vehicles are unchanged. This is NOT, as some have implied, a "plot" to emasculate the Warsaw pact forces in the game. The POINT of it all was to bring the unit that were out of line, into reality and that, in 90% of the cases was various HINDs in various OOB's. Western OOB's were seached for units with Vision ratings higher than they should be for various time periods as well.

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle..
Old January 18th, 2007, 05:47 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,525 Times in 2,727 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
mr_clark said:

There have always been dedicated RPG teams AND RPG's included with the squads. WHERE did you get the idea that "in 3.0 there will be dedicated AT/AP teams" that differ from the ones already in the game ??

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle..