Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old January 26th, 2008, 01:29 AM

Captain

thatguy96 is on a distinguished road
Default Haitian OOB

-- All verions of this mod contains highly altered or additional files that may or will cause interference with the master game files and it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that this mod be installed and played ONLY in a separate copy of the game and NOT run from the master game. --

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure why I did this, but it was so small I could do it quickly. Included is the OOB, .shps with the correct flags, and leader and rank files.

Important design notes (with updates):

- Haitian "engineers" are just copies of the default infantry units reclassed as engineers since I could find no evidence of an engineer corp, but this is a requisite item for game functionality. This has also been done for the post-94 "Rebel" formations.

- After 12/94 the Haitian military was effectively disbanded, replaced by the Haitian National Police (HNP), along with the support of various UN missions. These UN forces have been added to the OOB in order to fill some glaring gaps, and are largely based on the the 2005-Present MINUSTAH rather than the original 1994 UNMIH, but the differences would probably be mostly academic. The PKs are Brazilian and the Engineers Chilean (which is generally accurate for MINUSTAH). The vehicles are what I've seen in pictures deployed and offer a good variety.

- I have created a picklist for this OOB (when used as Green, otherwise you'll have to manually change the number to whatever OOB you decide to replace). As always, back up files before mucking around with modded picklists. Prior to 1994 when this OOB fights itself it uses the stock OOB, which in my mind would give a good impression of a coup or other rebellion, of which there were a number during Haiti's history between 1946 and 1994. Post-94 there are "Rebel" formations for the various forces that cropped up from elements of the former Haitian military, and Post-04 there are "Criminal" formations as well. These formations are pretty ad-hoc, seeing as both of these groups largely lacked a formal structure. Its mostly to give something for the OOB to fight against when the UN takes over.

Enjoy!

EDIT: Looks like I went to press a bit quickly, fixed various costs
Attached Files
File Type: zip 577513-Haiti.zip (191.8 KB, 521 views)
Old January 26th, 2008, 01:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

Warhero is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Haitian OOB

Thanks thatguy! It's great that even someone give other players "alternative" nations to choose for playing...

Hmm how about Mexico/Colombia/Venezuela/Bolivia/Jamaica oobs next? Even 1 of those?
Old January 26th, 2008, 01:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

Warhero is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Haitian OOB *DELETED*

Post deleted by Warhero
Old January 26th, 2008, 01:48 PM

Captain

I've initiated a sort of "Latin America" upgrade project (just adding and correcting various things really), but its made me realize that the Colombian and Mexican OOBs might be nice. It often boils down to what information I have at hand and what I can get a hold of quickly (or inversely how much effort I'm willing to put in when).

You'll know for sure if I do any more like this hehe. They don't do much good just sitting around on my HD.
Old May 1st, 2008, 01:17 PM

Captain

I just uploaded a new version of this OOB with very minor updates (and cleaned out all the unused weapons).
Old May 7th, 2008, 12:18 AM

Captain

Now with picklist. See updated for post for information.