Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old May 2nd, 2007, 01:57 PM

Captain

thatguy96 is on a distinguished road
Default Philippine OOB?

-- All verions of this mod contains highly altered or additional files that may or will cause interference with the master game files and it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that this mod be installed and played ONLY in a separate copy of the game and NOT run from the master game. --

For my Vietnam Total Conversion I ended up making an extremely rudimentry Philippine OOB, just for PHILCAG-V forces in Vietnam. However, in doing the research I think I've found enough sources to do a relatively functional Philippine OOB from 1946-Present.

Would anyone be interested in it as a replacement for Red for instance? I'm not sure I have enough data for a picklist so it might have to largely be a human only kind of arrangement.

Just looking for some feedback on whether there's any interest, even though a part of me is thinking about attempting it when I get some free time regardless.
Old August 4th, 2007, 01:40 AM

Captain

Default Re: Philippine OOB?

Okay, so I did this regardless, but does anyone actually want it?

Right now it lacks formation and encyclopedia text and a picklist, but its perfectly playable I would think, from 1946-2020. I don't really want to spend time on those items if people aren't really interested in it.
Old August 4th, 2007, 09:35 AM

Second Lieutenant

Warhero is on a distinguished road

Well I would be interested to see what kind of equipment Philippines army have. As well Singapore too...
Old August 4th, 2007, 04:01 PM

Captain

Okay, well here it is. Included is a picklist for both a default and against NVA/VC for the 4/66-12/69 period when the Philippines was deployed to South Vietnam.

I really would love some feedback
Attached Files
File Type: zip 541153-Philippine OOB for Green.zip (414.6 KB, 509 views)
Old August 5th, 2007, 07:19 AM

Second Lieutenant

Thanks! Nice that you expanded timeline from Vietnam to present. How about Abu Sayyad (muslim rebels) oob too?

PS. Real Philippines flag could be more suitable than "pirate" flag... please?
Old August 5th, 2007, 10:35 AM

Sergeant

junk2drive is on a distinguished road

When I have made something for a game, I made it for myself first. If I thought someone else might like it too, I would share.

I have noticed that there is very little action on any Steel Panthers forum lately.
Part of this is summertime in the Northern latitudes. Alot of people are on vacation/holiday.

You could do anything with a minor nation's OOB and most people wouldn't know or care if it was right or wrong.

Enjoy your hobby. Take a break if needed.
Old August 5th, 2007, 12:00 PM

Captain

'Tis very true. But its nice to know every so often that people are at least curious about certain things.

I myself have noted that you just sorta have to do if you want or not and that people will generally be receptive. A comment out of frustration which really is just something that is, and not something that should be frustrating.

@Warhero: What you're seeing is the modified flags from the Vietnam Total Conversion (Its the Green OOB, so the flag is still the Skull and Crossbones of the MACV-SOG OOB). The graphics files dealing with flags are not included as of yet. Still, a very good point, and something I should look into including.

Also, I don't really know anything about the MILF or Abu Sayyaf organizations. I might look into that.

Thanks for the feedback guys!
Old August 5th, 2007, 03:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

Thatguy, don't worry about Abu Sayaf... Maybe some Mujaheddin oob will fit as well? Just thinking good opponent for Philippines. Maybe Malesia/Indonesia (as fictional enemies of course)?

And yes, I know that flag thing but how about moving Philippines into Red oob (and right flags with it)? So MACV-SOG oob could use it's location and pirate flag as it is now...

PS.Hmm does anyone know are Singapore/Mexico/Columbia oobs exist anywhere? I would be interested to play with them...
Old December 20th, 2007, 05:25 PM

Captain

Hey, so I decided to try my hand at the new PMC Berlin-brigade inspired camo, which has been featured on their LVTH6s, V150 and V300 armored cars, and M35 AA trucks. Here's was the result for a combined attempt at the camo and making the Marine Multi-Purpose Vehicle (MMPV). The MMPV is basically just a truck HMMWV w/ M40 recoilless rifle. Uses the stock RR icon.

Link: http://www.hueybravo.net/images/marines/mmpv2.jpg

Pics:

Hull

Complete
Old March 25th, 2008, 11:03 AM

Captain

Here are some more. The only vehicles that are left to make a complete set from what I see are an M35 truck with PBR turret and M151 w/ M40 RR.

V150

LVTH6