Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old February 27th, 2007, 09:35 AM

Private

Austerlitz44 is on a distinguished road
Default grounded planes

I am seeking grounded planes in winspww2 and I don't find any. Is it possible in next patch to have some, like for winspmbt? Thank you by advance.Best greetings.
Old February 27th, 2007, 10:22 AM

Major

Double_Deuce is on a distinguished road
Default Re: grounded planes

There won't be any in WinSPWW2 BUT there is a workaround for this using Scenhack. Here is a snippet of what Don told me when I asked earlier about this;

Quote:
DRG said:
See WW2 Scenario 37. All the dutch aircraft near the run way were added using scenhack ( also the floatplanes near the docks ).

The only small downside to this is you need to by something else then change the Icon. In that case I used a utility vehicle so if anyone clicks on it you see the PIC for the original.
I don't know the step by step process but may be trying this out soon so maybe I can post what I come up with then.
Old February 27th, 2007, 11:00 AM

Private

Many thanks Mike for your answer. The process seems however difficult to realize.
Old February 27th, 2007, 12:56 PM

Sergeant

PatG is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Austerlitz44 said:
Many thanks Mike for your answer. The process seems however difficult to realize.
Actually it's quite straight forward. There is a post in the armoured trains thread from last year that is pretty detailed. If you get stuck I'll be happy to come up with a step by step.
Old February 27th, 2007, 01:19 PM

Private

Thank you PatG for your attention. I finally tested the recommendations of Mike which were given by DRG, and I finally succeeded to make apparearing one Messerschmitt on the basis of a utility vehicle. Not having yet for the moment the version Cd, I pass by change unit data and inside by miscellanious. Then of course, i change the name.Thanks again.
Old February 27th, 2007, 01:36 PM

Captain

thatguy96 is on a distinguished road

Can't the grounded planes found in the UN OOB in WinSPMBT be mimicked for these purposes? Any unit class where an icon can be selected should be suitable when set to zero movement, and the number of crew can be decided by the number of ground personnel attending to the aircraft in your own mind.
Old February 27th, 2007, 03:51 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
thatguy96 said:
Can't the grounded planes found in the UN OOB in WinSPMBT be mimicked for these purposes? Any unit class where an icon can be selected should be suitable when set to zero movement, and the number of crew can be decided by the number of ground personnel attending to the aircraft in your own mind.

Yes, the procedure that was done for the UN OOB in MBT could be used in WW2 but why bother when this can be done with Scenhack and then EVERY aircaft can be used. Yes I supposed I could spend days copying every single aircraft in the game someplace so that MAYBE they might be used a half dozen times in sceanrios OR we can do it the way it's done now... by changing the Icon number in scenhack. There are 1200 aircraft or glider units in winSPww2 therefor it makes MUCH more sense to change the Icon number with scenhack then it does to add them to the OOB's when all they would be used for are decorations in a few scenarios.

The bottom line here is I have NO intention of adding "grounded aircraft" to the WW2 OOB's.

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old February 27th, 2007, 04:09 PM

Sergeant

PatG is on a distinguished road

(RE thatguy)

More than just that. The edit feature is like having a scenario specific MobHack letting you alter weapons, crew, mobility, armour ratings, the icon and just about everything else about a unit. You can for example:
  • make 19 person sections with no weapons but high value to represent refugees.
  • simulate bogged but otherwise active tanks. This could include a things like single Russian crew member waiting in his wrecked tank for one last shot at the fascists.
  • simulate an attack on a rear area repair depot defended by partially effective disabled or disarmed vehicles
  • simulate dummy units
  • simulate OP vehicles with dummy armament
  • simulate up-gunned or up engined vehicles
  • simulate forces low on ammunition or in need of replacemements
  • moored river barges
  • armed partisan civilian vehicles
And just about any other refinement you choose to make - like oh say armoured trains

And then there are the hacks like placing a zero crew ammo dump as a demolition charge - blows up on turn one every time.

No only has the team given us a great game - they've given us the tools to do just about anything we want with it.
Old February 27th, 2007, 05:43 PM

Captain

thatguy96 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
DRG said:
Quote:
thatguy96 said:

Yes, the procedure that was done for the UN OOB in MBT could be used in WW2 but why bother when this can be done with Scenhack and then EVERY aircaft can be used. Yes I supposed I could spend days copying every single aircraft in the game someplace so that MAYBE they might be used a half dozen times in sceanrios OR we can do it the way it's done now... by changing the Icon number in scenhack. There are 1200 aircraft or glider units in winSPww2 therefor it makes MUCH more sense to change the Icon number with scenhack then it does to add them to the OOB's when all they would be used for are decorations in a few scenarios.

The bottom line here is I have NO intention of adding "grounded aircraft" to the WW2 OOB's.
Um, I was suggesting the use of MOBHack, not suggesting this be a standard feature. The UN OOB in WinSPMBT doesn't have all the aircraft in that version of the game modeled either, I was just thinking of a comparable situation as a place to start working from. Isn't that what you guys usually suggest with regards to design questions? Look at what people have done before and go from there?

Again, no where did I suggest that any work should be done by the dev team for future releases. I don't even think it was implied. I was just suggesting an avenue for getting it to work.

PatG, I had no idea there were so many options in the ScenHack. Sounds like there are a great many options, and for this it really is easier. I was just thinking of something that could be copied that had been done before as a starting place for such work.

I'm sorry I somehow implied to people that I was suggesting the dev team do something, because that wasn't what I was thinking at all. All I thought I was doing was describing a method of getting at the desired effect here.
Old February 28th, 2007, 07:44 AM

Private

Quote:
DRG said : The bottom line here is I have NO intention of adding "grounded aircraft" to the WW2 OOB's.

OK Don I understand very well your position. In any case, my initial request is now useless since I know,how to obtain grounded planes in a scenario.