Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > TO&Es
Notices

Old October 9th, 2006, 12:06 AM

Sergeant

troopie is on a distinguished road
Default Question about modding for orbat hackers

How many instances, or prototypes should have been made before you include it in an orbat? That assumes you don't want to include every one-off, funny, and draught board project?

troopie
Old October 9th, 2006, 01:06 AM

Captain

thatguy96 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Question about modding for orbat hackers

Depends. If I feel it adds an interesting flavor to the game I'll add equipment that was used in as small numbers as 1 or 2. If it offers no real difference from existing units then I wouldn't bother. Really, if I want to do very rare variants or pieces of equipment I make good use of the X3 radio code with a text note for the unit in the encyclopedia or create a whole new formation and reclass the unit, along with both encyclopedia and formation text.
Old October 10th, 2006, 05:27 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

MarkSheppard is on a distinguished road

Well, for me it depends; was it a fairly serious project, as in it got detailed technical work done on it; or was it just getting paper dirty?
Old October 10th, 2006, 06:25 PM

Major

Marek_Tucan is on a distinguished road

That depends

For example, when making the fortresses into my OOB pack, I've included them in too much details I'd say because it was fun Of course included parts that never made it to field service - like 10cm model 1938 howitzers or rotating turret for them etc...

Depends completely on what you do think is approppriate. Is it good to have the Super Pershing in OOB or not? Is it good to add M6 heavy tank as a what if? Or Sherman with 90mm Pershing-like turret? etc. etc.
Old October 13th, 2006, 09:44 AM

Private

PN79 is on a distinguished road

Hallo
When I modified CZ oob I decided to add all weapons which were formally accepted to service and in the most cases there was an order for them. All these weapons are also marked for distincion.
Main reason for adding prototype weapons was that in hypotetical war between Czechoslovakia and Germany some prototypes could be used + in reality when Hungary invaded Carpathia in March 1939 Czechoslovak army used in combat original prototype of LT vzor 35 which just returned from testing in the Soviet Union.

Also adding czechoslovak accepted prototype weapons nicely show technical development of CZ army.

In fact I thougt about adding another "batch" of prototype weapons which have not enough time to complete development but had high probability to enter service if Czechoslovakia exist longer time.
(for example: 8 cm E7 field gun, 10 cm H3 light howitzer, 15 cm NOa heavy gun, 22 cm ONa siege mortar, 5 cm B10 fort mortar, 12 cm B9 field mortar, fighter Avia B-135 which were produced for Bulgaria in protectorate as Av-135 and so on)
Old October 13th, 2006, 12:37 PM

Captain

thatguy96 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
MarkSheppard said:
Well, for me it depends; was it a fairly serious project, as in it got detailed technical work done on it; or was it just getting paper dirty?
I haven't put anything that wasn't used operationally into my Vietnam Pack. However, there are a few things where the actual numbers of the type of unit used were under 5.

I have nothing against creating projected weapons or mockups, in fact I think with all the icons floating around it might be fun to make a custom set filled with them, but with my primary training as an undergrad having been as a historian I'm more disposed to think in terms of historical accuracy. What-ifs are withheld to near functional operations and deloyments, not whether they would have actually had the vehicles I assign them.

This is why I added in a one month Mill Pond formation into my Total Conversion currently in progress, because the aircraft were armed and ready to go when the mission was aborted.