.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old November 21st, 2006, 03:02 PM

BANNED USER

Nickels is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bug thread

Quote:
Arralen said:

But ONE random event cannot cause dominion spread for 5 turns or more ...
By spread do you mean it keeps growing and/or moving to other areas near it? Or do you mean you just keep whatever dominion you got when it first changed over to you?
Old November 21st, 2006, 03:10 PM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road

Spread as in growing/moving.
Old November 21st, 2006, 03:18 PM

Corporal

Hrothgar is on a distinguished road

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I've been experiencing a very annoying problem:

After playing for a while, the game begins crashing to the desktop nearly every time I click to end the turn. The turn still autosaves, and, so far, I've been able to continue playing by reloading and ending the turn again--altho it often takes more than one attempt to get past the crash. Once this begins, it happens by my estimate more than 90 percent of the time. This is a fairly large problem, plus I would be even more irritated if a turn persisted in refusing to advance, so that I had to abandon a game without achieving a resolution. The stats on my computer are:

Dell XPS laptop, running Windows XP Home Ed.
3.4 GHz Pentium processor
1 GB RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 Video

It's only been a couple of months since I checked for driver updates.

I have saved-game files which I could email, but I don't know where to send them, nor, for that matter, if they want/need them.

Another, minor, problem--whenever I use "Shift" or "Control" to select multiple commanders, afterwards, even in subsequent turns, selecting any commander from that group will cause all commanders in the group to become selected again.

I hope someone who handles this sort of thing reads this and that it's not too difficult to fix it.
Old November 21st, 2006, 03:33 PM

General

thejeff is on a distinguished road

The commander selection issue is working as designed. Intended to allow you to continue to issue orders to a group.
Control-click on a commander to remove him from the group.

You can attach the save-game files to a post here. Then people can at least see if the problem shows up on other machines.
Old November 22nd, 2006, 02:30 AM

Private

thekossack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: bug thread

Here are some bugs I have found, after the patch;

1. C'tis Dominion income effect is broken, reducing income of friendly provinces.

2. Global enchantments of nations that have vanished stay in effect.

3. Hunter of Heroes Doom Horror attacks to early and often, making the Hall of Fame more like death row.
Old November 22nd, 2006, 05:15 PM

Private

StellarRat is on a distinguished road

3. Hunter of Heroes Doom Horror attacks to early and often, making the Hall of Fame more like death row.

This is a really serious and annoying bug. It's basically ruined the fun of playing almost and should be fixed ASAP. Even a hot fix would be worth it. I lost six heros to this bug in one game! The heros seem to be defenseless against this "creature" which is even more annoying then it attacking constantly.
Old November 22nd, 2006, 05:27 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Agrajag is on a distinguished road

Quote:
StellarRat said:

This is a really serious and annoying bug. It's basically ruined the fun of playing almost and should be fixed ASAP. Even a hot fix would be worth it. I lost six heros to this bug in one game! The heros seem to be defenseless against this "creature" which is even more annoying then it attacking constantly.
This is known and will not receieve a hotfix (thuogh I'm assuming will be fixed in the next patch).
If its really bothering you, just reinstall the game, it was accidentally reintroduced with the patch, so playing the unpatched version is your hotfix.
Another point I'd like to make is that it seems to me the bug is definitely not serious.* Through the course of a ~70 turn game, during most of which (atleast 30 turns) I completely dominated the hall of fame (8/10 places were mine), and the only HoH attack I saw happened two turns before I won the game, and was also the only HoH attack. I'm not sure if the commander was horror marked (forgot to check in my eagerness to finish the game :X), but either way one attack in 70 turns does not seem serious to me.

*-This is based on my experience, so don't go shouting at me that you lose a commander every other second.
Old November 23rd, 2006, 12:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

Jack_Trowell is on a distinguished road

Quote:
StellarRat said:

There's a simple mod in the mod forum that give the HoH the stats of a false horror :
Post#http://www.shrapnelcommunity.com/threads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=468046&page=0&view=collap sed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

There's still a small chance that you might lose a commander (a fragile mage without any armor that fail the MR roll versus phantasmal claws), but I did'nt lost any unit since using this mod.
Dominions Map validator and randomizer : http://dominions.realites.org
Dominions Map editor v0.75b : http://dominions.realites.org/map_editor
Old November 23rd, 2006, 02:45 PM

Corporal

Blofeld is on a distinguished road

[img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Bug.gif[/img] Twin Spear doesn't seem to raise soulless

I armed my SC with Twin Spear (the death one). She did quite well, killing a number of Pangea's cataphract centaurs yet I didn't see any emerging soulless.
Old November 24th, 2006, 05:05 AM

Private

CaptainGimpy is on a distinguished road

1) By pressing 'y' on unknown provinces you can obtain their identity

2) When buying defense for Kailasa provinces in the Early Age you will gain armored bandar warriors who do not exist in the early ages.