World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old February 1st, 2007, 09:20 PM

Corporal

Cameronius is on a distinguished road
Default OOB 30 Canada

Don and Andy,
I went through the new Canadian OOB very carefully and attached is a spreadsheet of the changes I think still need to be made. It is organized by units and formation numbers. Also in the attachment is the OOB file with all of the changes suggested in the spreadsheet. I kept them modest and did not move or delete any existing units, formations or weapons. I also ran some database checks and they came up clean. As for proof of the changes I suggest; My 11 years (1989-2000)and my Uncle Jacks 30 years(1955-1985)service in the Royal Canadian Regiment should serve as eyewitness proof. As for time period since 2000, I have used http://www.sfu.ca/casr/bg-projects.htm as a guide and fact checker about some of the new equipment. Also included in the .zip file are three .lbm files that go with the OOB. Two of them are ones that I sent you in Dec and the third is a greyscaled version of one that was already in the game. If you have time please have a look and consider it for the next upgrade. Take whatever you like from it and if you have any questions, please ask.

And of course anyone is welcome to download this, use it and let me know what they think.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 492812-OOB 30.zip (54.1 KB, 242 views)
Old February 2nd, 2007, 02:01 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,439 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: OOB 30 Canada

This will go into the to-do list and I'll look at it after the WW2 patch is released.

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old February 4th, 2007, 06:09 PM

Captain

thatguy96 is on a distinguished road

Firstly I want to say that these collaborative changes both in the new default Canada OOB and in this slightly revised one are great. Its easy to see the amount of work that went into it between this one and the one in 2.5/51.

I've got some pictures in some books circa the mid-1970s and from Cyprus in 1974 of the Lynx C&R track (Unit 169 in the OOB). In the OOB it appears to have a turret with a .50 cal M2 and a co-ax L37 (maybe I'm interpreting that wrong too), but in these pictures it has just a .50 caliber M2 in a mount that can be fired both with the commander's hatch closed or open, and an M1919A6 pattern weapon on the rear deck apparently over the radio operator's position. All the stats in the OOB seem similar, so I don't know if this matters, or if the Lynx changed over the years.

Sorry to jack this thread, but I figured that it would be better than starting a new thread.
Old February 4th, 2007, 06:22 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Sorry to jack this thread, but I figured that it would be better than starting a new thread.

I would much rather have things on the same OOB in the same thread if needed (i.e. where they are relevant to that existing thread) than thread drift into say outer Mongolian horsed cavalry units (use of donkeys for the resupply thereof) etc !

Andy
Old May 1st, 2007, 02:15 AM

Corporal

Don/Andy,
Play testing has revealed some errors in new units created in the attachments above.
unit 96 Motor Rifle Section makes an aircraft sound when it fires it's main weapon
unit 532 Para SFMG Sec makes an odd sound when firing it's weapons
Please look into this if you intend to use these changes in the upcoming upgrade.

Cheers,
Cam
Old May 1st, 2007, 09:45 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,439 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Well Cam it's too bad this wasn't noticed a few days ago. The patch has been uploaded to Shrapnel and I'm waiting for it to be posted and I'm not calling a halt to it and rebuilding a 30MB patch for this.

FYI, the sounds you hear when unit 532 fires are "standard" sounds for a .30cal browning type MG in the game and are used in dozens of other OOB's so that unit does not have a problem. The same sounds in reverse order are used in unit 531. Unit 96, on the other had IS a problem and so is 92. Unit 538 and 539 also have a incorrect sound applied to the hand grenades but most people will never notice. These are normally the type of things that get corrected and fall into the "many other tweaks and adjustments" category. They'll just have to wait for the next patch now

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old May 2nd, 2007, 01:04 AM

Corporal

Sorry I missed this, I have not been paying much attention to this forum lately and only realized 1 week ago that winSPWW2 had been patched. Real life has been interfering with my gaming schedule Thanks again for using my stuff in these patches, everything looks great!
Old May 3rd, 2007, 12:56 AM

Corporal

Don/Andy
There is a serious error in the new 3.5 version OOB30.
You are unable to buy any FO unit bc all the formations are looking for the FO class in unit slot 246 where it was before. Now there is an assault boat unit there and the first FO is listed in slot 250. This change did not come from my OOB. I was careful to make sure I didn't move any existing units around. Please check this out as soon as you can as it makes the OOB quite unplayable.

Cheers
Old May 3rd, 2007, 06:55 PM

Captain

narwan is on a distinguished road

Haven't checked it myself yet but you can always use the 'allies' button to get a similar FO unit from another OB (oh let's say the british )as a makeshift fix.
Old May 4th, 2007, 02:12 AM

Corporal

True, Hadn't thought of that!