.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 23rd, 2006, 01:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

BigJMoney is on a distinguished road
Default How to successfully utilize your \"Dominion Wall\"?

Hello,

I've got a new question to open up discussion about a fundamental concept of the game that I have yet to grasp. A big part of this game is the way that dominion affects your combat ability. It gives your troops morale bonuses and it directly affects the strength of your pretender and prophet. I am currently trying to master Ulm with a strategy that gives me dominion 5. I've noticed that in the beginning it's easy to attack indie provinces where I have dominion presence, thus taking advantage of those bonuses. I call this forward spread of dominion my "Dominion Wall". Later in the game, when I'm up against other nations I might be successful in getting this wall up initially, but after I attack into it I find that I cannot get it to jump forward for the next wave of attacks.

Is this normal? If I changed my strategy to use dominion 10, would I see a noticeable difference? Is it better as a dominion 5 nation to ignore the dominion wall entirely and utilize dominion purely for defensive purposes? I tend to play with Order, Productivity, Growth +3 so I have cash to buy temples in every province and still support many Ulmish troops and researchers.

=$= Big J Money =$=