World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > TO&Es
Notices

Old October 28th, 2006, 01:28 PM

Private

Punjistick is on a distinguished road
Default OOB German Infantry

First i want say hello to all. Its my first thread i post into this forum

I like to play the SP series till it came out in the 90`s and i appreciate this new version a lot

But with each new version there is a different OOB for the german infantry...and noon are correct....

Let me explain it to you shortly.... for example the PzGrenPlt:

You have 3 InfGroups and 4 halftrucks for it ?

You forget the PltHq consisting of the PltLdr(MP40), PltHqLdr (NCO), 3 runners with rifles (one of them get a scope later in war) and the medic.I think its pretty usefull to have a crew for the 4th SPW And 6 man can make the ballance...if all go wrong

Same in mot.InfPlt but in this OOB you delete 1 truck...so 4 InfGrp, 4 Trucks..but no PltHq and 1 Truck missing.

Gewehrgranatgerät (1 per group): Came in 1942 as replacement for the 50mm Grenadelauncher not in 1939..the platoons own artillery Wich artilley ? Each InfPlt have a 50mm GL group consisting of 3 mens...at least in Motorized and FootInf...not sure if also in PzGren.

So what i mean is i hate it to mobhack each version to get the correct german Inf OOB. There are a lot of sources outhere to use ...

Here`s one...sry its in german but its easy to understand for someone its in army )
Author: Alex Bucher Title: Handbuch der deutschen Infanterie

Its just a suggestion...you do all a pretty nice work and i still love your SP sereis equal wich version.
Old October 28th, 2006, 05:34 PM

Captain

thatguy96 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OOB German Infantry

HQ units are generally left out because of how SP handles small infantry formations. They tend to get knocked out quickly, and generally are of little use. What happens is that the remaining infantry squads are usually enlarged to a certain degree in order to make up for this lack of people. This is a convention that is consistant throughtout the OOBs.

A 6 man, non-scout unit is generally not the kind of thing most people find useful, nor have I heard of them making all the difference as you suggest. That's a speculative matter however, and I'm sure they have been instances.
Old October 28th, 2006, 09:24 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,439 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Every 6 months ( or less ) someone " discovers " this and there are threads all over this forum about it. Go to the search section and type in "panzergrenadiers" looking in the WinSPWW2 forum and be prepared to spend some time reading. What you see in the game is a conpromise between reality and game reality. We do not include the command section becasue doing so in the game gets them identified and killed quite quickly as "thatguy96" noted. The 4th HT, after March 1940 is a "gun" HT with restricted carry capacity.

The squads in the game are larger than they were in reality ( 10 men rather than 9 )and that's to spread the "command" section around in the squads. So instead of 9+9+9 plus a five man command squad (32 men )we have 10+10+10 PLUS the "phantom" men that man the MG's in the HT's ( and drive the HT's ) brings the total up to just about what it really was.

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old October 29th, 2006, 12:27 AM

Captain

thatguy96 is on a distinguished road

Doesn't mean I haven't created them in my person OOBs of course, though in the one instance I've recently thought about taking them out, and I've already renamed them to they don't stick out at least in that regard.