Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old April 29th, 2010, 03:01 PM

First Lieutenant

Roman is on a distinguished road
Question Colombia

It is designed to add to Colombia? I was about trying to make a scene between Colombia and the FARC and I see that is not Colombia.
Colombia is at war for years against a guerrilla, "FARC." It may be interesting to add this country.
Old April 29th, 2010, 07:34 PM

Captain

thatguy96 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Colombia

There are no plans by the developers to add or change any of the existing nations. The only way to have Colombia in game would be to make a custom OOB from scratch that would replace an existing nation.

A user on these boards, Hellfish6, had talked about doing both Colombia and Venezuela and I had offered to do the busy work of adding the information he had into MOBHack, but I never heard back from him about the project. I just don't know where to find good information (in english or en espanol) for small unit organization (below battalion level) for Colombia or I might have tried it myself. Finding information about equipment is much easier.

My offer stands that if anyone wants to do the research, I'm more than willing to physically create the OOB for WinSPMBT.
Old April 29th, 2010, 11:52 PM

First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy96 View Post
There are no plans by the developers to add or change any of the existing nations. The only way to have Colombia in game would be to make a custom OOB from scratch that would replace an existing nation.

A user on these boards, Hellfish6, had talked about doing both Colombia and Venezuela and I had offered to do the busy work of adding the information he had into MOBHack, but I never heard back from him about the project. I just don't know where to find good information (in english or en espanol) for small unit organization (below battalion level) for Colombia or I might have tried it myself. Finding information about equipment is much easier.

My offer stands that if anyone wants to do the research, I'm more than willing to physically create the OOB for WinSPMBT.
Hi. It is unfortunate that countries can not be added. But if there is a welcome option. I do not know well how to create files oob. We spend a few links on the Army of Colombia in Spanish. I'm not Colombian but I got the concern. If someday learn to design scenarios and campaigns I will campaign against the guerrillas in Colombia
http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ej%C3%A...al_de_Colombia
http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anexo:U...ional_Colombia
May continue the NATO organization.
Old April 29th, 2010, 11:57 PM

First Lieutenant

Another link
http://razonyfuerza.mforos.com/82763...s-colombianas/
Old April 30th, 2010, 10:18 AM

Second Lieutenant

Warhero is on a distinguished road

Hmm I have wondered many years (since SP2/3 days) that nobody seem to be interested about making Venezuela/Colombian OOB... Mexican/Haiti/Dominican Republic OOBs is alredy done (as mostly Middle/South-American OOBs too).
Old April 30th, 2010, 04:32 PM

Captain

Yeah, I'm not sure what the decision making process was behind Paraguay and Uruguay, but that's how it is. I'd rather have them than not hehe.

I've already done Haiti, the Dominican Republic, and Guatemala. I was thinking about Honduras, but I've been working on other hobbies as of late, so I put that on the back burner (along with Singapore, which I was about half-way through). Andy (MOBHack) made a Mexico OOB, which was really good. I'm not sure anyone has attempted Venezuela or Colombia at all.
Old April 30th, 2010, 11:16 PM

First Lieutenant

I was referring to Colombia, which has now and for years a conflict against the guerrillas. Even Paraguay and Uruguay do not have time conflicts. I think none in the twentieth century. I think it's good to communicate to developers. I think I will. Mobhack a developer?
Old May 1st, 2010, 12:16 AM

Captain

Yes, but they've made it clear that the nation list is fixed and no changes will be made. Also, while the links you provided have good information on equipment, they're don't have a lot of organizational information below battalion level. This is the hard part of creating the OOB. I have good resources on equipment already.
Old May 1st, 2010, 03:15 AM

Second Lieutenant

Warhero is on a distinguished road

Btw, thanks about that Guatemala OOB/link Thatguy! I didn't knew that you did that too...
Old May 1st, 2010, 09:33 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy96 View Post
Yeah, I'm not sure what the decision making process was behind Paraguay and Uruguay, but that's how it is. I'd rather have them than not hehe.
The "decision making process" behind Paraguay and Uruguay was quite simple. Someone stepped up and said they would do them, then did. When the game was first being developed any nation was up for grabs and the ones that interested people were done and the ones that didn't interest people, didn't get done. Columbia may have been fighting a guerrilla against "FARC" for years but guerrilla warfare is not what the game is primarily about

Don