I'm developing a script, which allows you to see what spells can a specific mage cast without boosters. Without it, the game is unplayable unless you're willing to memorize all spells yourself. Manual is disappointing in this aspect. First working version is finished, but it's far from complete. But it's still very useful, and I encourage you to try it. Post suggestions for features here.
You're allowed to tinker with it, but do not dare to improve and post it here.
. I'm trying to learn Python, don't spoil the fun for me !
- Python interpreter
- basic ability to use commandline
- you might need a program to convert unix newline characters to windows ones if you insist running it with windows.
Don't complain, if I wanted to annoy you I'd use bash + grep + awk .
I attach two files. spellbook.py
is the executable, necronomicon
is the spell data file (only Evocation school for now). You can view source code and check it for malicious code. It's all open.
Put both files in the same directory. Then run spellbook.py
with magic paths as parameter. For example (linux)
python spellbook.py FFDNN
...and you should get list of Evocation spells castable with these paths.
- complete spell list, all other schools and holy, too.
- make simple mage list with few values, such as paths, gold cost(sacred?), randoms
- generate castable spell list for all nations and their mages. Output in plain text, html, laTeX
- ability to handle random paths (I intend to implement it by splitting one mage to a long list of path permutations, with probability/estimated cost next to each spell-mage.
- rewrite/cleanup using functions/methods for the sake of readability and flexibility
- nail the strange 'index out of range' bug (commented out)