View Single Post
Old December 24th, 2011, 05:42 PM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Conquest of Elysium 3 dev log

Being Gandalf's favorite doesn't mean that it's easy to play by any means. In fact, the Enchanter is one of the most difficult classes to play, especially since depending on who all is in the game, they are likely to be one of the prime targets for everyone.

The reasons being that in the early game, before they've built up much of an army, they're going after and depleting resources other classes need long term and if they manage to get into the late game, they have some of the most powerful units in the game.

What Gandalf said about the network stuff is also true, it's his prime testing zone since he has the equipment to set up exactly what he wants and check how it all works, which is something I can't do.

In this respect we certainly have a definite distribution of duties.

Some of the things I'm interested in finding out is how to reliably gain access to higher level esoteric spells. Meaning higher level spells in magic paths that you can only gain through recruitment, charming or enslaving things. There probably isn't a reliable way, which may be all to the good, because some of those spells will put the fear of god and dread of monsters into anyone going up against them. Right now finding them out is only possible through the map editor, which itself needs some heavy duty testing.

There are some truly "You have GOT to be kidding me!" moments if you do run into them in-game, stuff that turns an inconsequential pushover into something you only come back to after summoning a few supercombatants, because one or two just might not be enough.

Best of all is if you run into such a thing randomly with your main army, which can happen if an esoteric mage gets created on the map with both a magic booster item and a stealth/invisibility item.

"Let's take this library, for the greater glory of - Hey! Where did he come from and what-"
*blinding flash of light followed by silence*
"And STAY away! Bloody interlopers... *muttering*"