Thread: Wishlist Mod Brainstorm-wishlist
View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2012, 02:27 PM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mod Brainstorm-wishlist

The opening post and several of the other posts by Theunderlord are basically nothing more than "Post some cool ideas for me and I might do something with them".

Little content and formulated in a manner that is very annoying, because it's basically asking for things to be given to him ready made. Like I said, that's how they come across.

To be brutally honest, it's practically asking for mockery. After giving this thread another read, it's amazing just how productive the discussion was for the first 20 or so posts.

After that, some people got fed up with Theunderlord's attitude/posting style and started taking the piss. I'm trying really hard to see it as somehow inherently bad. And I'm failing spectacularly, given the absolutely content-free nature of said posts.

And soon after that it degenerates to a different sort of pissing contest between you and the Dom3Mods crowd, with a few other useful, unrelated posts in between.

Yes, I went and took a look at the thread over at Dom3Mods, namely this one. Are they laughing at this thread over there? Yes. And? It doesn't really matter.

If someone wants to learn modding, that's all fine and well. There are good places to start, such as the modding manual and this forum. The forum at Dom3Mods is also a good place to find expert advice. However, the correct way to go about it is to ask specific questions about the kind of things you can do or put forth an idea and ask for input on the best ways to go about realizing it. Namely, demonstrating that you're actually putting in some real effort instead of just hot air.

NOT the way the opening post in this thread began. Were I a more suspicious sort of fellow, I might actually take the opening post itself as being troll bait due to its general character.

However, continuing a sniping duel between the Shrapnel adherents and the Dom3Mods adherents is still not going to improve this thread any.

I want the flamebaiting to stop and I want it to stop from both sides in this thread. I'm also not going to entertain any arguments as to why it should continue or what justifications if any there are. If it continues, this thread dies without any further warning.