.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old October 12th, 2008, 07:02 AM

Sergeant

Nikelaos is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cataclysmic Dragons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregstrom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikelaos View Post
hmm able to go in water, i don't think that really mixes since water being a good conductor of elctricity would either have a negative effect on him or make him a waterborne weapon of battlefield wide electrical death.
Electric eels can go underwater without ill effect. Speaking of which, I think an AOE 1+ electric melee attack would be sort of appropriate underwater.
yeah and they're electrical death machines for they're size, now multiply that by the size of a dragon - battlefeild wide bodypoping contest.
Old December 30th, 2008, 07:43 PM

Captain

Skirmisher is on a distinguished road

How's this project doing?

Any chance it will be out by next patch?

::
Old December 31st, 2008, 05:37 AM

Major

KissBlade is on a distinguished road

Just saw this idea bumped and I'd like to chime my support. Check out Dragons of the Sixth World or something (forgot the exact name but a source book for Shadowrun.) Now THOSE are DRAGONS. Elemental forces of magic/nature that you just don't **** with. None of this "get a chest wound off a lance and relegated to forge/research" bs.
Old December 31st, 2008, 02:51 PM

Lieutenant General

Aezeal is on a distinguished road

If honey would like a few shortcuts (assuming graphs are the bottle neck) he can use my (originally stolen) graphs of the dragon nation mod (and maybe resize them if he still insists on even huger dragons and recolor and other adjustments are just as possible of course. It's probably not the way he wants to go but he could always replace them later.

Kissblade.. check out the ancient dragon summons I have in my dragons mod and see how impressive you think they are (they where meant to be impressive ) Not much commanders would survive an assassination by my assassin summon (well he's just mean and probably assassinations with him are a waste of time since he could hurt whole armies bad, but it's thematic) or my dragon of light.. some of the elder dragons are nasty too ...
In for a whole new sort of game? Then try my scenario map Gang Wars.
Old December 31st, 2008, 04:14 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

Sounds worthy of being an opponent in an MP game.
Do they AI well?
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old December 31st, 2008, 04:59 PM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road

They probably would have made a good AI nation in the original version. If the AI knew how to build armies, anyway. Since then they've been nerfed pretty hard and the AI would probably have a pretty hard time being effective with them. The dragons Aezeal was referring to are all summons, with pretty hefty gem and research requirements.

For example the summoned assassin he was talking about requires alteration 6, 50 or so death gems and I think death 3 or 4 to summon. It also has ethereality, 100 or so hp and can natively cast soul vortex.
Old December 31st, 2008, 05:14 PM

Lieutenant General

Well it's pretty easy to make the nation better for AI, just lower the cost of the recruitables by about 20 gc and 10 rec each the AI will send hordes of pretty strong, high HP and 2 attack troops your way then(would work for any nation though, but for these especiallY) Ow and set price for the wyrmlings too 999 so they don't get recruited. The AI probably won't use the summons very well but... the recruits and commanders are pretty decent in their own right. Try the nation Gandalf (Í've tried to balance it for MP so it's weaker since very strong troops and commanders are more easily exploited by human players, especially the once they get to the summons I made with all sorts of magic, abilities and resistances)... of course it would only take a few letters/numbers in the .dm file to make all summons recruitable too... which would severly overpower the nation

Anyway HOney could use my (stolen) graphs as temp replacements and update the mod later on. There are other endgame summons mods though (not played them... I never get to end game summoning.. to be honest I've never seen any of the angels, devils nearly only on enemies in MP and one SP game (demon monkeys) etc.
Old December 31st, 2008, 05:27 PM

Major General

MaxWilson is on a distinguished road

Hmmmm. Maybe I will try your nations with the summons as recruitables--I need a good opponent for an Ashdod + LA C'tis combo I am going to try.

-Max

["Memories of Ice", by Steven Erikson. Retranslated into l33t.]
Old December 31st, 2008, 06:28 PM

Lieutenant General

Seriously.. start with the nation with lower cost then.. those summons will kill you if you encounter them en masse in year one - two.

Anyway I'd be glad if you like the mod but let's discuss it in it's own thread and wait for Honey to reply to the requests made in here.
Old January 1st, 2009, 03:00 PM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road

Why is it this was never moved to the maps and mods subforum? It's a mod right? (In progress, presumably)