This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old March 1st, 2008, 05:18 PM

Private

BaronvonBeer is on a distinguished road
Default US OOB 120mm mortar (single tube unit)

Just a minor suggestion:

US OBAT unit 518 (Single tube 120mm mortar) Currently has load cost of 108 (6 men, 2 "weight". If reduced to 4 man crew or 0 weight, it could be towed by HMMWV.

Formation 325 (Lt Cav Mtr Sec) has this setup, but they cannot carry the tubes. (3 HMMWV, 2 tubes). HMMWV + tube + 3-4 man crew is "standard" (is there such a thing? ) use by light units, Rangers, etc.
Old March 1st, 2008, 09:24 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,498 Times in 2,715 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: US OOB 120mm mortar (single tube unit)

I'll put it on the list and look into it

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle..
Old March 1st, 2008, 10:07 PM

Captain

thatguy96 is on a distinguished road

Just something to consider as well, the M1069 HMMWV (and subsequent "truck/cargo carrier" variants with the flat rear bed) were and are prime movers for the M167 VADS and M119 105mm LW howitzer.
Old March 4th, 2008, 10:05 AM

Corporal

Shan is on a distinguished road

Yeah but those are not the crew cab versions I suppose - correct me if I am wrong. Therefore they're just light trucks to me + to the game and not Humvees. If I want them to tow my howitzer then I buy a light truck.
If we talk about Humvees, I guess most of us got the version with the double crew cab + weapon mount on the roof hatch in mind - therefore, let's just keep things simple ;-)
Old March 4th, 2008, 10:53 AM

Captain

thatguy96 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Shan said:
Yeah but those are not the crew cab versions I suppose - correct me if I am wrong. Therefore they're just light trucks to me + to the game and not Humvees. If I want them to tow my howitzer then I buy a light truck.
If we talk about Humvees, I guess most of us got the version with the double crew cab + weapon mount on the roof hatch in mind - therefore, let's just keep things simple ;-)
Yeah, exactly. When the HMMWV was introduced there were about five basic variants (with assorted other more specialized versions), a weapons carrier (M966), a "crew" cab utility/scout vehicle (M998), a truck/cargo carrier/shelter carrier (M1069), and two types of ambulance. All the subsequent improvements have led to new versions of each, except for the Mini-Ambulance I think. I'd have to check some of my resources.

I actually utilized additional space in my Vietnam OOBs to "fix" the truck history, but there should still be room in the default to switch things around too.