.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old July 28th, 2008, 04:30 AM

Luckmann is on a distinguished road
Default 4 Pretenders and a Machaka Revamp.

I decided to compile my personal tinkering and put it out on the market, for no other reason than personal self-gratification.

It's mostly some basic pretender-work. Three of these are straight-up pretenders. The Ecclesiarch is a 'priest'-like pretender, with 'fluffesque' abilities such as Pillage, Fortune Telling, and Patrol Bonus - things usually not handled by a pretender. The God-King and the Sunwell are very straightforward analogues to pre-existing pretenders, such as the Divine Emperor, the Fountain of Blood & the Oracle.

The Spider King, however, is another matter entirely. While a counterpart to the Scorpion King, it also features a number of changes to Machaka. When I first tried Machaka, I liked the flavour of the nation, but I felt that much of it's approach lacked a certain... "umph".

In response to this, all spiders now have Mountain Survival, and all units have between 2-3 Map movement. This is to help Machaka play on one of it's already established strengths more freely; it's movement capabilities. In addition to that, militia now gets Patrol Bonus: 2 - so that they are even considered worthwile in certain circumstances. Another "major" addition is that Spider Warriors and Bane Spiders (now Banelings and Banelords) have Mountain Survival, Swamp Survival, Forest Survival and Wasteland Survival.

There were a number of smaller tweaks, aswell as a lot of added fluff-text to the majority of Machakan units, some who had single-line descriptions before. Some have been renamed for not particular reason other than I didn't like their name and/or they weren't "consistant" (in my own, highly subjective, opinion). Overall, I feel that Machaka has at least a little bit more substance overall now, albeit ever so slightly more powerful.

Attached Files
File Type: rar 628550-RebEnt_Dom3Mods.rar (27.8 KB, 105 views)

Last edited by lch; August 25th, 2008 at 06:37 PM..
Old July 28th, 2008, 01:22 PM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 4 Pretenders and a Machaka Revamp.

I once did an Anansi (spider trickster) pretender for Machaka. It was something between a rainbow and a monster pretender IIRC, but it's been a while.

Why rename Bane Spiders? To Banelords, even, when there are already Bane Lords in the game?
Old July 28th, 2008, 05:20 PM

Luckmann is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Endoperez said:
I once did an Anansi (spider trickster) pretender for Machaka. It was something between a rainbow and a monster pretender IIRC, but it's been a while.

Why rename Bane Spiders? To Banelords, even, when there are already Bane Lords in the game?
I wanted the Spider Warriors and Bane Spiders to be more analogous to eachother, name-wise, while putting them apart from the Spider Riders - which include actual spiders.

There's also Black Lords in the game, already. But on the other hand, plenty of units have the same names as other units, such as Machaka Warriors (2) - I renamed them Machaka Javelineer(s) and Machaka Spearmen.
Old July 29th, 2008, 06:30 PM

Corporal

Mordici is on a distinguished road

I'am having alot of fun with your Spider King and other changes to Machaka. The Spider King has raped a number of the other Pretenders in Death Match combat, and is proving to be a very good general when leading from the front.