.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old May 9th, 2007, 09:07 AM

Corporal

QXel is on a distinguished road
Default [Q] [Ermor LA] Generated undeads & Co

I have a question about the undeads generation in the province with forts.
Does the type of fort matter or just the Dominion level ? For instance : do I keep a just conquered fort or demolish it to build an Ermor fort at its place ?

More : in which way the Dominion level seems to influence the numbers and type of undeads you get ?
I have many many forts in provinces that are all at the max of 10 in Dominion level (SP game, don't worry ;o), but it seems that I don't get the same type, number, etc. of undeads in each of them. There is a lot of difference, I mean ! Not just one or two Velites more or less ... Sometimes I get several Holy Undead Horsemen (I forgot their name, sorry - chevalier of the sepulchre ?), and sometime none of them ... well it's seems pretty random, which it maybe exactly what it's intended, but didn't knowing that, I ask.

Same question apply with the spirits generated by Soul Gate, obviously ;o)

And same thing for the undeads Commanders generated (Mound Kings - on horse or on feet, Censor, or Shadow Tribune w/ Soul Gate) :^DD

Thanks for any experience feedback.

The One Who Only Play Single Player Games For Fun, Who Is Not A Maniac of 'The Ultimate Tactic', The Negation of 'The Ugly But Very Efficient Micro-Management For Winning With Minimum Losses And Ascend All The Time'
Old May 9th, 2007, 09:51 AM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: [Q] [Ermor LA] Generated undeads & Co

The types of undead generated are random. You will get Velites, Legionnaires and Knights of the Unholy Sepulchre from provinces with forts. The Knights also require a temple, I think. The precise composition you get in each province is up to chance.

It doesn't matter what kind of fort you have, so long as you have one, so tearing down forts is not recommmended. They cost too much money.
Old May 9th, 2007, 10:08 AM

Corporal

QXel is on a distinguished road
Default Re: [Q] [Ermor LA] Generated undeads & Co

Thanks.

And yes, tearing down the fort is definitely NOT a good idea, because of course it costs money (800 or 1000 GP), but above all, the Ermorians forts have much less defense than others ... so it don't make the deal.

The One Who Only Play Single Player Games For Fun, Who Is Not A Maniac of 'The Ultimate Tactic', The Negation of 'The Ugly But Very Efficient Micro-Management For Winning With Minimum Losses And Ascend All The Time'