.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 18th, 2007, 12:32 PM

Major General

Baalz will become famous soon enough
Default Please, oh please, stop blatantly OT posts

OT posts are like weeds, they choke out garden that is a forum. The big problem with them is that if you don't pull them up they multiply and the signal to noise ratio drops. Just look at what's happened in the last week- people see OT posts and then post their own. I've seen many a forum become unusable for what it was intended. There are LOTS of places to discuss TV, cooking, and politics...this is not one of them. Some people enjoy talking about TV, some people will jaw all day about cooking, and half the people on the internet will argue politics with you seven days a week. I don't, I come here to talk about dominions and if I want random noise the internet can supply as much of it as I can stomach. I'm hardly a forum nazi, and am not asking for a laser beam focus, but if you're prefacing a post with "OT:" because it has absolutely nothing to do with Dominions please, please go put it in a place where people who want to discuss that are. Keep in mind it has a ripple effect on what others post, and OT posts increase the noise that many people don't care about.