.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old November 24th, 2007, 04:08 PM

Corporal

PyroStock is on a distinguished road
Default 4 More Questions

1>Dispossessed spirits have 1 life & a paralyze weapon. I have a dispossessed spirit with 3 life. No mods. I've never casted Gift of Health & that's only +100%max anyways. I believe mass regeneration would only give +1life if a 2life unit was wounded. I don't think their paralyze weapon includes life steal. It's probably something obvious I've overlooking, but how is this possible? Edit: Maybe their Gift of Health + Heal and then I used Control Undead?

2>Post-battle item acquisitions. A random unit is selected to pick up an item, but has no open slots therefore is it:
a>reroll to another unit or
b>item is not picked up.
Follow-up question, I presume commanders summoned in battle, like from soul trap, don't hurt the odds of obtaining items, but is anyone sure?

3>Are the magma spells considered only earth spells since earth is the primary path or are they fire & earth (does rain hinder them)?

4>Which spells cannot target underwater provinces? I know some cannot be casted while underwater, but does that also always mean they cannot be cast against an underwater province?
Old November 24th, 2007, 04:43 PM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 4 More Questions

1) How much experience? At a certain level of exp, units get +1 hp.

2) No idea

3) Earth. Always primary path only for such purposes, afaik.
Old November 24th, 2007, 05:19 PM

First Lieutenant

K is on a distinguished road

4. Off the top of my head, no on Flames from the Sky and the other attack fire spell.
Yes on Cloud Trapese and and Call Horror, which seems wierd to me.
The rest you'll have to test.
Old November 24th, 2007, 06:11 PM

Corporal

PyroStock is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Edi said:
1) How much experience? At a certain level of exp, units get +1 hp.
Thanks, I think that's it. When experience hits 4 stars all my other units, from vanhere to tartarians, all have +2 hp. It just doesn't say "Experience: +2" in the hitpoint screen like it does with strength, etc.

Quote:
Edi said:
4. Off the top of my head, no on Flames from the Sky and the other attack fire spell.
Yes on Cloud Trapese and and Call Horror, which seems wierd to me.
The rest you'll have to test.
Thanks. I just tested Flames from the Sky & Locusts. Both gave a message saying "This spell cannot target under water provinces" for both Fires from Afar & Locusts so I think it's safe to say if I don't get that message the spell can target that province.

It seems cave provinces currently are not treated any different from land provinces as rain of toads and hurricane surprisingly accept a cave province as a valid target.
Old November 24th, 2007, 06:25 PM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road

You can't Auspex or Apsu underwater provinces either. You can cast Augury and Gnome Lore on them, though, which is sort of funny, one would imagine fire and earth spirits have little influence underwater.
Old November 24th, 2007, 09:36 PM

General

NTJedi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
PyroStock said:
1>Dispossessed spirits have 1 life & a paralyze weapon. I have a dispossessed spirit with 3 life. No mods. I've never casted Gift of Health & that's only +100%max anyways. I believe mass regeneration would only give +1life if a 2life unit was wounded. I don't think their paralyze weapon includes life steal. It's probably something obvious I've overlooking, but how is this possible? Edit: Maybe their Gift of Health + Heal and then I used Control Undead?

2>Post-battle item acquisitions. A random unit is selected to pick up an item, but has no open slots therefore is it:
a>reroll to another unit or
b>item is not picked up.
Follow-up question, I presume commanders summoned in battle, like from soul trap, don't hurt the odds of obtaining items, but is anyone sure?

3>Are the magma spells considered only earth spells since earth is the primary path or are they fire & earth (does rain hinder them)?

4>Which spells cannot target underwater provinces? I know some cannot be casted while underwater, but does that also always mean they cannot be cast against an underwater province?
1) At 4 experience stars the unit/commander will receive +2 hitpoints. Insignificant for huge units of 100+ hitpoints yet useful for the units with few hitpoints.

2) I don't think any knows... I imagine only with testing could the truth be known.

3) The magma spells are considered only earth related... unless the devs have a special programming hook.(unlikely)

4) I don't believe anyone has a list for rituals which only work on underwater provinces. One of the hardcore MP gamers might have a list.
Old November 24th, 2007, 11:18 PM

General

vfb is on a distinguished road

4) Spells2.xls in attachment on this thread is a spreadsheet of spells, including the "Special" attribute:

http://www.shrapnelcommunity.com/thr...&Number=500776

If "Special" does not include the "underwater" 8388608 bit flag value (or the underwater only flag, but that should be obvious), then it cannot be cast at/in/on/from underwater provinces.
Whether he submitted the post, or whether he did not, made no difference. The Thought Police would get him just the same. He had committed— would still have committed, even if he had never set pen to paper— the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Thoughtcrime, they called it. Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?