.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old January 31st, 2005, 12:48 PM

First Lieutenant

Zooko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dominions II Bug Thread

We've found a bug, and it is described here:

http://www.shrapnelcommunity.com/thr...8187&type=post
Old January 31st, 2005, 12:55 PM

Captain

Chazar is on a distinguished road

I've recently verified in 2.14 that stealth commanders can lead non-stealth units out of currently sieged castles: 1.Remove troops from stealth leader, 2.give sneak order to stealth leader, (2a.change to move via menu), 3.add troops again. The troops move like normal, ie. they do not participate when the castle is stormed. This works at least with flyers, but I think stealth is the key here.
Old February 10th, 2005, 12:54 AM

Corporal

Duncanish is on a distinguished road

Curious: How many non-commander Shamblers should Atlantis have? Currently, I'm seeing 3. A shambler, War Shambler, and a Shambler Chief. That's in addition to the Shambler Chief commander that's recruitable. I've disabled all my mods just in case it's fluke, but still the same (actually in one modded game, the extra chief showed up as that Shambler hero). So for now, I'm thinking bug. Maybe someone else who knows more about these things could check?

I found out what zombies are weak against.
Oh?
Point blank annihilation.
Old February 11th, 2005, 09:03 PM

Legacyspy

I Don't know if this has been reported already but, the race description of TienChi says military.....CROSSBOWS..... Tien Chi does not have Crossbows.
Old February 12th, 2005, 11:36 AM

General

Kristoffer O is on a distinguished road

They do have crossbows unless you play Spring and Autumn theme.
Old February 17th, 2005, 08:44 AM

Hi there,
I think I've found a double bug for the lamias.
First they regenerate much more than documented. If you click on the hydra icon you see that regeneration = officially 50 % of the base HP. In battle, I've seen lamias going from 1 HP to full life in one round, so it is probably 100 %.
Second, they cannot be killed by one good hit when in humanoid form. If a lamia gets huge damage (tested with Gift of Heaven, doing no less than 150 damage), she takes the serpent form with 1 hp left ! She is not supposed to survive, with 14+22=36 HP only (I tested the same killer spell, in the same situation, but against 53 HP Vine Ogres: none survived).
Geez, lamias are really, really good (you cant even stop them with the usual ethereal buffs, like spirits, winterwolves or false horrors : they have a 'magical' attack and etherealness offers no protection !)
Any thought ?
Old February 17th, 2005, 05:27 PM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road

Lamias have a regeneration rate of 10% or 20%, but they also have a life drain attack, which replenishes their hit points when they attack. Don't know about the shape change stuff, but those factors explain the massive healing.
Old February 18th, 2005, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Edi said:
Lamias have a regeneration rate of 10% or 20%, but they also have a life drain attack, which replenishes their hit points when they attack.
No, 10% = ordinary rate. Lamias have *much* more than that, 100% I think. In my tests, the lamias were hit by spells before any close combat, so they had not the opportunity to drain life to get HP...
Apparently it is not possible to kill them with one blow. You need one blow to make them change shape (15hp + 5prot = 19 damage minimum), then *another* even stronger blow to kill them (22hp + 8 prot). If it's not a bug, well, it's really special...
Cheers
Old February 23rd, 2005, 12:27 PM

General

Alneyan is on a distinguished road

Are shape-changers supposed to be able to heal afflictions when they change shapes? A Black Sorcerer of mine started a battle with two afflictions, got hurt, shape-changed into a Spider, and lost one of the two afflictions. The Spider then won the battle, and shape-changed back to Black Sorcerer, with a single affliction.

The afflictions were Never Healing Wound (it wasn't healed) and Lost One Eye. Since spiders have more than two eyes, the second affliction was perhaps irrelevant for a spider, and the game may have discarded it. Or perhaps it is intended to work that way?
Old February 23rd, 2005, 01:03 PM

General

Kristoffer O is on a distinguished road

Lamias and their black serpent form has regeneration 50 %.

Ahh, the seven eyed spider phenomenon. Actually, it is not intended, nor was I aware of it. Perhaps it is a nice feature.