Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 65
MP Noobs and Vets II: Days of Infamy. MA, BI. Game Over. Supplicants Triumph! - Page 35 - .com.unity Forums
.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old May 7th, 2010, 08:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

AlgaeNymph is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Noobs and Vets II: Days of Infamy. MA, BI. 13/17. Blood Team Avail.

I'll just say that I also don't want the Sanguinarium to get dropped or go AI. Not strongly enough to go on and on, mind, but enough to state my opinion.
Old May 8th, 2010, 08:24 AM

Private

zegc-ben is on a distinguished road

I think that it's a pity not to have a human controled blood team but having it set to AI will still be the best solution.

Ano's proposition seems appealing but a little unrealistic to me since we cannot hope to have exactly the same players : even without real life getting in the way if this game is postponed people will start other games and some of them will have to many games to start a complicated new one. If you add all the real life problems 4 months may bring I think we should expect to have to find a lot of new players. I think it's up to Sept to decide if he wants to go through this preparation again but everybody seemed really tired of it.

For the option of having the sanguinarium computer controled, some way to improve balance could be to ask the two neighbouring human team to refrain from attaking those AI early on so that the customs AI and the mercs (me) will be able to secure this land into some sort of "neutral ground". This will probably not be enough to give all teams an equal chance to victory but hopefully it should enable everybody to enjoy the game : there are unbalanced starting position in most game after all (and with 3 teams we may reach a point where the game balance itself with with the two little powers allying against the biggest one until it isnt the biggest anymore and the alliance shift).
Old May 8th, 2010, 09:21 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Septimius Severus is on a distinguished road

Jorus, thanks for your uplifting post. I was bit perturbed at Edi's notion that complex games should not/could not be organized any longer on Shrapnel. If such games can garner enough players, everyone should have the right to both organize and join in them. But I respect him as I do all the moderators, they must keep order here.

Did I go overboard early on in advertising, perhaps, but I did what I thought was necessary (partly to counteractive the negativity against my type of more involved game), attempted to do so on an infrequent basis only as needed, and sought to follow what I thought the mods allowed as best as possible. And contrary to what some might have said, my posts on other forums where not intended soley for advert purposes but to discuss team games and the scenario concept. I have always encouraged positive constructive posting and have always discouraged anything that we could not learn from in some form or another.

We DID have the full compliment of players to start until the Sanguinarium dropped. We can still start the game on time and on schedule today as I promised, with 3 teams and with AIs/or no AI's in place of the Sangiunarium (have to check the vote). The merc would definately benefit and even things out in that regard. No worries there. The AI will be ready to go. Everyones time will not be wasted.

But if Ano's team is not onboard, I've no choice really but to either put the game on an extended delay till we get a full compliment of human players (I have an incredible amount of patience and would hate to see a great concept die and time wasted), or else shelve the project till the fall. The full team pretender mod will be implemented if these things are necessary.

I will be back on later this afternoon in case Ano's changes his mind. I am updating the main roster for now, with the names of the AI gods, and Squirrels teams players.

Meanwhile, I will take this opportunity to advertise Gandalf's excellent game designed with newbie players in mind. His game does what my games are intended to do, not crush/rush noobs early on, and gives them time to explore the game and breathing room.

I am also considering admining a single player game, in the meantime as well or in leiu. This game will be unique in concept (I just don't like plain games all the time), but will be a nice compliment to anything else. And will be noob friendly as well.

Vale.

Be harmonious, enrich the soldiers, and scorn all other men.
-Emperor Septimius Severus, to his sons shortly before his death, quoted in Dio Cassius (77.15.2).

Last edited by Septimius Severus; May 8th, 2010 at 09:30 AM..
Old May 8th, 2010, 12:30 PM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road

If everyone is okay with the long organizing time and the delays, by all means go ahead with it.

My previous post may have been somewhat hasty and perhaps I did not read quite far enough back through the thread, so apologies for that. But if there are disagreements, try to make sure that things are resolved without the need for moderator involvement. In any case I will not do anything unilaterally, if something comes up, my fellow moderators will certainly have their own take on things and weigh in.
Old May 8th, 2010, 12:59 PM

Private

Kupiko is on a distinguished road

I'm sorry but there has been trouble with my internet access and i might have some problem for some time. I definitely want to play but it might be kinda uneffective on my part. I'll send my pretender to gandalf anyway. If you still want me then he can upload me.
Old May 8th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Major General

Squirrelloid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kupiko View Post
I'm sorry but there has been trouble with my internet access and i might have some problem for some time. I definitely want to play but it might be kinda uneffective on my part. I'll send my pretender to gandalf anyway. If you still want me then he can upload me.
Kupiko, please come chat on the Usurper forum before you do anything else. I'm fine if you and numahr want to collaborate on playing Pythium, but that means we need to have an active dialog going. (Also, there are relevant threads that you might want to read, and I'd like you to post the pretender build you're using in the relevant thread. We're a team, not a collection of individuals - communication is important).

Ulm: Order of the Black Rose - Reimagining MA Ulm

A more Sombre forum: http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?.act=idx. Now with more Maerlande.
Old May 8th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Major General

So, I know this is direct connect to dom3minions - can we get a specific port for uploading pretenders?

My/Chris's team, DO NOT UPLOAD YOUR PRETENDER until you've talked with the team on our forums. And if you don't understand this direct connect thing I can help you with it. (Alternately, I'm hopping on IRC now, you can talk to me there for most of today).

A more Sombre forum: http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?.act=idx. Now with more Maerlande.
Old May 8th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Major General

Anyone home, this game still on? Is there a port for us to connect to?

At the very least I've had a peep from every member of my team at least once in the last few days, but they haven't necessarily been especially communicative. (I swear, its like herding cats)

Anyway, my money is against this starting today, because I'm not even sure how to upload my pretender to a direct connect game I haven't been given sufficient information to connect to... This is the kind of information that needs to be distributed.

Old May 8th, 2010, 08:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

AlgaeNymph is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelloid View Post
At the very least I've had a peep from every member of my team at least once in the last few days, but they haven't necessarily been especially communicative. (I swear, its like herding cats)
Meow?
Old May 8th, 2010, 08:53 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Septimius Severus is on a distinguished road

I'm here. I must say, great work by Gandalf on the AIs. Wow! I feel sorry for us.

Be harmonious, enrich the soldiers, and scorn all other men.
-Emperor Septimius Severus, to his sons shortly before his death, quoted in Dio Cassius (77.15.2).